72 fastback.. family project

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joy22kar

Reaction score
My Car
- Possible purchase
Well, since we've ripped out the interior and started the process by ordering the floor pans, I thought I'd start a build thread. We will be learning a lot along the way. Hubby has the carb torn apart and we are underway. Here's some pics of what we are starting with.

You all have been great.. can't wait to learn more.

karla, really nice project for the family. swiss cheese for floor boards are not good... Oh and another thing, the work bench is way to clean.. that really needs to be fixed.. dirt and grease apply here.

Good luck on your floor replacing journey. I completed that job last year. I learn a lot along the process with a lot of help from the great people of this forum. It is a very rewarding job once completed. Like everything, the first side would be much harder than the second side. You will have ups and downs and at some times you will feel you want to burn the car, but with patience, the job can be done. If you guys have dealt with sheetmetal work in the past it then will be easy.

Here is my thread on the floors that summarizes my experience and the great input I received from members:

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-muscletang-needs-new-floor-pans-advice

Feel free to ask me any questions.

There we go - yours is "one of the latest success stories regarding replacing floor pans in your garage."  I was looking for that thread to reference since you did such a great job on yours... thanks for chiming in!  ::thumb::

Good luck on your floor replacing journey. I completed that job last year. I learn a lot along the process with a lot of help from the great people of this forum. It is a very rewarding job once completed. Like everything, the first side would be much harder than the second side. You will have ups and downs and at some times you will feel you want to burn the car, but with patience, the job can be done. If you guys have dealt with sheetmetal work in the past it then will be easy.

Here is my thread on the floors that summarizes my experience and the great input I received from members:

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-muscletang-needs-new-floor-pans-advice

Feel free to ask me any questions.
Thanks so much tony. Hubby and I will read the thread and I'm sure hit you up on your offer of questions. Lol.

Back