SHOW US YOUR MAN CAVE!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
Hi Folks,

I thought it might be some fun for any Forum members that want to show off a bit, and show us your man caves. Or you could call them the Stables where the Ponies get bedded down and spelled. :p :p

A lot of guys and gals have organized themselves these days with some kind if a shed or garage setup, that is mostly either part of the home you live in, or is semi detached/ completely detached  from your home. Over the years, there have been a few guys on the Forum, that have shown us their shed/garage setups. Some were well established, and set up fantastically, and some were in the process of being built. Private man caves have become a big thing around the world these days, with a lot of car guys and gals, and some are just decked out really fantastically in many different ways. I know some folks spend an absolute fortune setting them up and decking them out.

In my case, i live on an inner city, small 16 perch block of land, with a small back yard. That didn't give me much scope to build a big shed. The best i could do was 10.5 meters long by 6 meters wide by 3 meters high. That's 34 feet long/ 19 feet wide and just under 10 feet high. I had the shed purpose erected back in 2011 to house my Mustangs, and carry out any work needed to be done on them. I have not spent a truck load of money decking it out as such, but have installed basics like good cupboard and bench top setups, compressed air supplied, fantastic lighting, good mobile tool chest  etc. A decent music and TV setup goes down well for me too. I would love to buy a scissor lift hoist, but debate whether i will make enough use of it to justify the expense. I'm even thinking of buying one of those inflatable spray booths to go in the shed when i need it. I would also like to Air condition the whole shed, but i'm watching the pennies these days. The one thing i haven't done is decorate the man cave out with any classic car themes or associated things like Coke machines or memorabilia  like old tin signs.   Hell -  there isn't even any nude women on the walls either. :p   So i've kept it simple i guess, and the funny thing is, that because i'm a single guy who lives alone, i don't need to escape from anyone and hide in the man cave!! :D  But it's there if i need to. :D   Bluey and Goldie are very happy and well kept horses in my corral. :p Click on any pic to get the bigger picture.

So - show us whatcha got in the man cave department - i bet there's some great setups out there. Here's my humble little man cave below, but hey, it works well for me. ::thumb::

006.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

Many thanks,

Greg. :)

That is a very nice and spacious man cave! My garage in the Netherlands is only 5.8 meters long and 3 meters wide so about 1/4 th of your humble man cave haha . It is amazing that you can build something that spacious on an inner city block of land.

My garage is still full of other stuff so I have to store my car somewhere else at the moment. I am planning to extend my shed in the back garden so I can empty my garage and finally have my mustang close to home.... I will post a photo once the project is finished ;-)

That is a very nice and spacious man cave! My garage in the Netherlands is only 5.8 meters long and 3 meters wide so about 1/4 th of your humble man cave haha . It is amazing that you can build something that spacious on an inner city block of land.

My garage is still full of other stuff so I have to store my car somewhere else at the moment. I am planning to extend my shed in the back garden so I can empty my garage and finally have my mustang close to home.... I will post a photo once the project is finished ;-)
Thanks JD,

It sounds like space is a problem for you too. :chin:  I am sorry.  Your measurements listed does not leave you with much room to play with. Your future plans sound interesting so let us know how you get on, pics included. In my case, yes, i used up all of the available land i had at my disposal. I was a man on a mission, and nobody was going to get in the way of my two ponies being looked after in top manner! :p On the other hand, you should check out what David's (Carolina Mountain Mustang) shed looks like. It's a factory! :p

Cheers,

That's a great set of pictures of your hobby hut, Greg.....looks a lot neater and more organized than mine currently is (where two ponies are huddled under their covers since its only 9 deg F).

That's a great set of pictures of your hobby hut, Greg.....looks a lot neater and more organized than mine currently is (where two ponies are huddled under their covers since its only 9 deg F).
HEY thanks Bill,

Yes, trying to keep it clean and tidy is an never ending job. I guess your cold weather  where you live makes it harder  to make full use of the thing. Do post up your setup if you feel inclined.

Nice one Ray!

Look's like you've got all the comforts of home there, including plenty of goodies. ;)  A great place to get away from it all.

Thanks for sharing. ::thumb::

Hey Ed,

Wow!!, what a setup. A man would feel very happy and proud of having what you've got there. Nice collection of toys there too. :p  

Love the den/trophy room/ second man cave too. Nicely decked out indeed.

Thanks also very much for sharing.

Here's mine.  

It has painted floor, it's fully insulated and has heat and A/C.  I'll be kicking my Deere out back to the shed since snow season is mostly over, so I'll gain a little room.

upload a pic on the internet

Wow!!

Nice set up!

Love your rides, great layout, and all the comforts of home! :p (dig the lava lamps)  :cool:

I would love to share a few whiskeys and some good talk in your cave man.

Thanks also for sharing. ::thumb::

Just shoot me a PM so I can stock the fridge before you get here (I do offer airport pickup for most visitors).

Back