• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Nice Set Of 1971 Interior Quarter Panels

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4mm

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang 351C 4V Fastback
Hello,

I'm looking for a nice set of 1971 interior quarter panels. Prefer black but any color would be fine as long as they are in nice condition. Thanks.

Thanks for the replies but I should have said for a 71 fastback. Aren't 71's different from 72-73?

Bump. Still seriously looking.

4mm, trying to find decent and affordable used interior quarter trim panels has become another one of those 71-73 "Unicorn" parts. Most of the ones I had in parts cars and ones I've seen in salvage yards were in pretty bad shape. Most would disintegrate into a pile of powder when touched or had speaker holes that appeared to have been cut out with a chain saw!

There was a forum thread here earlier (7-22-13 to 3-2-17) discussing some interior product offerings from MP Products. I don't have any experience with this company so I can't offer opinion as to the quality or fitment of their offerings. I have posted a link to that thread so you can look it over, and a link to MP Products. If no one comes up with any original pieces at least you'll have another source to consider.

Good luck on your search.

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-interior-reproduction-parts?highlight=trim+panels

http://www.mpproductsstore.com/radiator-masks.html

4mm, trying to find decent and affordable used interior quarter trim panels has become another one of those 71-73 "Unicorn" parts. Most of the ones I had in parts cars and ones I've seen in salvage yards were in pretty bad shape. Most would disintegrate into a pile of powder when touched or had speaker holes that appeared to have been cut out with a chain saw!

There was a forum thread here earlier (7-22-13 to 3-2-17) discussing some interior product offerings from MP Products. I don't have any experience with this company so I can't offer opinion as to the quality or fitment of their offerings. I have posted a link to that thread so you can look it over, and a link to MP Products. If no one comes up with any original pieces at least you'll have another source to consider.

Good luck on your search.

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-interior-reproduction-parts?highlight=trim+panels

http://www.mpproductsstore.com/radiator-masks.html
Thank you Steve for the references, I actually think the "unicorn" panels found me. I received the below message a few hours ago and replied to him that I happen to have a nice oem set of black D3ZB panels put away. I purchased them around six years ago not realizing the 71's were different from 72-73. I will post up later to report the result.

"I have a very nice pair of interior quarter panels in black for a 71 fastback.  The problem is they are in my 73 Mach I show car.  I don't have back seat belts because these don't have the cut outs for them like needed in 72 & 73.  I would really like the right ones.  If you find me a pair of nice black ones with the seat belt holes and the guides for the seat belts, I would trade you."

4mm, sounds like a deal made in heaven! His 73 show car needs your stashed away D3ZB panels and you need his 71 panels. (Which must be in good shape to be in his show car). Good luck with the "Deal". Please let us know how this turns out.   ::thumb::

I have a single side, not sure which side. PM me if interested

I have a single side, not sure which side.  PM me if interested
PM sent. 

The panels I'm looking at have one ash tray located at the top of the passenger rear quarter panel and no ashtray on the drivers side.  It's been so long I can't recall how my car was originally equipped. Does this sound correct for my standard interior 71 Mustang?

That's the set I have! I am also interested. I have another set I bought and I am using that does not have the ash tray

Still looking, although my 72-73 interior quarters are in very good condition, they are not showroom. Putting this out there just in case, thanks!

Back