Decor group moldings on ebay.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Mustang
Hi Kevin, I've bought the whole set for my 1973 mustang. I haven't installed the molding yet but I can confirm that the pieces look really good and are very solid.

Jeroen

Hi Kevin, I've bought the whole set for my 1973 mustang. I haven't installed the molding yet but I can confirm that the pieces look really good and are very solid.

Jeroen
Jeroen,

Thank you for the reply!  That's good news!  The ones we have are mostly straight but very cloudy and have some dings. So these ones will work out perfect.  Thanks again.

Jeroen
Jeroen,

Thank you for the reply!  That's good news!  The ones we have are mostly straight but very cloudy and have some dings. So these ones will work out perfect.  Thanks again.
Are you planning to buy the whole set?  the seller does offer the 15% discount on the whole set sometimes, so it might be worth it to wait till the offer comes along again...

I talked to the owner of the car im working on and he wants to go ahead and buy the whole set.
I think it is a good decision to buy all pieces! I had another look at the molding earlier. The pieces are nice and shiny and are definitely not flimsy. It looks like a quality product. Much better than most repro stuff I've bought so far. I don't have the originals to compare with, accept the front valance pieces that are still on my car ( but these are faded ). The car you are working on will look amazing when it is finished!

I talked to the owner of the car im working on and he wants to go ahead and buy the whole set.
I think it is a good decision to buy all pieces! I had another look at the molding earlier. The pieces are nice and shiny and are definitely not flimsy. It looks like a quality product. Much better than most repro stuff I've bought so far. I don't have the originals to compare with, accept the front valance pieces that are still on my car ( but these are faded ). The car you are working on will look amazing when it is finished!
Great Thanks for the info!!

Kevin, will be anxiously waiting for your opinion on these once you receive them. There was a set NPD offered at one time but I heard they were about as flimsy as the aluminum foil crap being passed off as window moldings. I need a full set for one of my Money Pitts but was hesitant to hit the "Buy It Now" button and spend that kind $$ for more junk! Now we all wait for the UPS truck. (Much easier to do when some one else's money was spent)!  :D

Kevin, will be anxiously waiting for your opinion on these once you receive them. There was a set NPD offered at one time but I heard they were about as flimsy as the aluminum foil crap being passed off as window moldings. I need a full set for one of my Money Pitts but was hesitant to hit the "Buy It Now" button and spend that kind $$ for more junk! Now we all wait for the UPS truck. (Much easier to do when some one else's money was spent)!  :D
Yes I was hesitant too. But after Jeroen recommended them I felt a little more at ease. And the ad says 100% guaranteed satisfaction. If they are junk I will ship them right back. Now we wait.

Hit the BUY NOW button. They should be here next week. I hope they are as good as they look, because they aren't cheap!!
Cool! looking forward to your opinion. They are expensive ( like the deluxe door panel strips ). They should arrive in a big plastic tube. Very solid packaging!  Can you take some photo's when you install them! I am missing all the installation clips so have no clue how it works. The previous owner of my car just glued an aluminium strip on the car that looks like the decor group....

I bought a set of these moldings some time back. Very happy with the fit. My original set had been dented and generally worn out - eventually I will repair these though.

If I recall no fasteners arrived so I used some ford trim molding clips (whatever they are called hopefully the attachment shows them). There is documentation on what original fasteners Ford used - good luck relocating these. I've had no issues with my substitutes (my originals were long gone!). Found the trim clips on ebay easy enough to get a kit. When I'm on my other computer I'll upload a pic of the car at some point for your reference.

Has your car had them installed in the past? Are the factory holes there? The moldings at the front fender slot in between the lower valance and front fender easy to install.

img upload

Hit the BUY NOW button. They should be here next week. I hope they are as good as they look, because they aren't cheap!!
Cool! looking forward to your opinion. They are expensive ( like the deluxe door panel strips ). They should arrive in a big plastic tube. Very solid packaging!  Can you take some photo's when you install them! I am missing all the installation clips so have no clue how it works. The previous owner of my car just glued an aluminium strip on the car that looks like the decor group....
Yeah no problem. They are pretty easy to install. Most of them have clips with studs that slide into the trim piece and then go into a hole in the fender, door, quarter panel. And then you just put a nut on the stud to attach. Similar to the clips asusnz shows in his post. Don from OMS said they do not repop the original type but most people use the clips for the tail light trim panel pieces. So that what im going with. Also on the doors there are little studs that look to be riveted to the door from the factory to hold little plastic clips that snap into the trim. If your doors do not have that, then you will probably have to drill holes and use the same type of fasteners as the fenders and quarter panels. If you need measurements on where the holes should be let me know and I will go out and measure them for you.

ssl images

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Kevin and asusnz ! My car originally came with the decor group. My left front fender and door have been replaced in the past ( still yellow on the inside, instead of red like the rest of the car ). Not sure if the mounting holes are hidden under the paint of these panels.( probably not ) . The rest of the panels should have the holes hidden under the paint. The car will be completely stripped so something should appear, I hope! ( on the Marti report it doesn't mention a mach one stripe so I assume it used to have the bright molding ).

These finally showed up after almost 2 months. Overall they are pretty nice and thick. But some of them have some blemishes im not really happy about. I contacted the seller. He is going to check the other ones he has in stock and let me know. He said he did not check them when he got them back from the anodizing. WTF?? Who doesn't check that before shipping them to a customer. A couple had a few small scratches but others had cloudy spots and pitting. Seller is horrible for communicating and piss poor customer service. We will see how it turns out!  

best free photo hosting site

cheap image hosting

I bought a set of the decor moldings from Champion Mustang back in 2009. I was very satisfied with the quality. Just a comment on the eBay listing. The front two pieces are not correct for the 73's because of the different bumper and fender. The 73 molding does not go in between the valance and the fender.  Notice the tabs in the listing on the two front pieces, 73's do not have these. 

So they finally arrived! I can confirm that I don't have the pitting in my decor molding. I do have a couple of the tiny scratches on the molding as well. I think this is caused by the shipping. I Hope this guy sorts it out for you. Again poor quality control.... Seems like the standard these days !

After some back n forth I was able to make a deal with the guy for almost an entire set of trim moldings at a discounted price. I took the best of the 2 sets to install on the car. If anyone is interested in buying the others let me know. I will post an ad in the for sale section with pics. I have a complete set other than the driver fender.

Jeroen
Jeroen,

Do they have the front piece of the 73 or did they send you the 71 - 72 front piece like in the pics?

Back