73 motor mounts (hard to find and good price)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am with the understanding that in '73 ford used the "clam shell" type motor mounts. not the style in the ebay as there were before 73's. my question is are u using a fan shroud ??? if so measure distance of spacing on top and bottom to see if fan is centered. another issue is the frame mount side of the 2 pc mounts. they are tall and short. i have not been able to get/find the difference in this measurement. all the above is the issue i have with my car. someone before me changed to std older mounts, leaving the engine 3/4" lower in the shroud. and buying the clam shell's at $150pr ain't gonna happen.

i am with the understanding that in '73 ford used the "clam shell" type motor mounts. not the style in the ebay as there were before 73's. my question is are u using a fan shroud ??? if so measure distance of spacing on top and bottom to see if fan is centered. another issue is the frame mount side of the 2 pc mounts. they are tall and short. i have not been able to get/find the difference in this measurement. all the above is the issue i have with my car. someone before me changed to std older mounts, leaving the engine 3/4" lower in the shroud. and buying the clam shell's at $150pr ain't gonna happen.
Bill

Im not sure what U are asking but...

There are 3 different engine mount "perches" (the steel bracket that the mount bolts to on the frame)

71-72

Vert

So...You have a 73 with the original perches using 67-72 mounts? ...no good.

You need 71-2 NON VERT perches to use your 67-72 STD engine mounts. 

Check with Don at OMS for a pair.

{There was a nice write-up on Mustang Monthly on this but now I cant find it.}

Paul

ROCKET, thanks for the reply.. i knew there were a difference on the frame mount side, but didn't know of 3. i don't won't to hijack pony's post.. but let me clarify or try.. the '73 frame mount are short and with the clam shell mount it gives the correct engine height ?? running the older style engine side mount u need the older (71-2) frame side for they are taller and the engine side is shorter giving the same end result of level engine.. wow, did u understand my gibber ..

I believe that is how they work. My 73 mounts were shot and deemed not rebuildable by a company that actually does it. I would have snapped up those mounts if I had not already purchased new 71-72 frame side mounts and 71-72 motor mounts.

Back