Key Chain

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barkstang

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Convertible, mostly original
I was a little disappointed when i finally received my key chain ordered through this forum. it was just stuck on a sander and had a rough finish with VERY sharp edges. About an hour with an orbital sander and various buffing wheels and it is now ready for keys.

picture hosting

All the descriptions I posted stated that they would be a 'rough' finish...they can however be sanded and/or polished to a mirror finish if you like.  Any more amount of finishing from the manufacturer and they would have been too high of a price.

I was a little disappointed when i finally received my key chain ordered through this forum. it was just stuck on a sander and had a rough finish with VERY sharp edges. About an hour with an orbital sander and various buffing wheels and it is now ready for keys.

picture hosting
Looks good all polished up. Nice job.

they were described as unfinished when they were being sold so the end user can customize it as they like.

I loved mine!! now I just need the time to finish it.

I gave one to auron1973mach1, and have 2 left - I haven't decided exactly what I want to do with them (polish or paint).  Maybe one of each... I dunno.

Meanwhile, I have:

e33cc6ed000fd1829067ba92a2c2e906.jpg

Wouldn't mind one of these, though:

dc_1_3390_1__06206__07560.1470038903.380.500.JPG

right, the description was unfinished so you could do as you please. I have found the sharp edge of the windshield to work well at cleaning out grease from under my finger nails.

(That is NOT meant as any disrespect). I am trying to decide if I want to paint or polish mine.

Yeah... I think I might decide to not paint one after all (paint chips from the keys, and all).

Maybe I'll just leave one as is, and polish the other.

Back