• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

ground bracket

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a decent (not cracked) and original cowl to hood radio ground bracket, it's made out of copper and goes on the passenger side of the car. Also looking for a nice and original antenna. Thanks!

Not A T5, Ford called the bracket your looking for a "Radio Receiver Hood Bonding Strap". The number for the Mustang (D2ZZ-18870-A) was discontinued a long time ago so finding a NOS part would be near zero. Scott Drake offers a repo strap that is a one size fits all replacement (C5AA-18870-A).

The original radio antenna (D1ZZ-18813-A) was replaced several times by D3AZ18813-C, D4AZ-18813-A, D7AZ-18813-A. There are a couple of the D3AZ-C antennas on E-Bay. Don (Ohio Mustang Supply) or Mike @ Motor City Mustang have parts cars and might be able to help you if you want original parts. Don could also help you if new (repo) parts are acceptable.  

http://www.drakeautomotivegroup.com/Store/Product/C5AA-18870-A.aspx?wid=141

Not A T5, Ford called the bracket your looking for a "Radio Receiver Hood Bonding Strap". The number for the Mustang (D2ZZ-18870-A) was discontinued a long time ago so finding a NOS part would be near zero. Scott Drake offers a repo strap that is a one size fits all replacement (C5AA-18870-A).

The original radio antenna (D1ZZ-18813-A) was replaced several times by D3AZ18813-C, D4AZ-18813-A, D7AZ-18813-A. There are a couple of the D3AZ-C antennas on E-Bay. Don (Ohio Mustang Supply) or Mike @ Motor City Mustang have parts cars and might be able to help you if you want original parts. Don could also help you if new (repo) parts are acceptable.  

http://www.drakeautomotivegroup.com/Store/Product/C5AA-18870-A.aspx?wid=141
Thanks for the info, I will look into that!

If you are still looking for that item, check you Private Messages. I sent on to ya!

Latest posts

Back