Only $15K

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand why can't they wash the car before they take some photos. Car covers are not that expensive either. I be a little worried about buying this car. I would question how it has been maintained in the past. I don't think having the original top is a plus either. I am not sure what is on the roof???

John J

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand why can't wash the car before they take some photos. Car covers are not that expensive either. I be a little worried about buying this car. I would question how it has been maintained in the past. I don't think having the original top is a plus either.

John J
It does look like someone tried to wipe off the windshield a little bit.

I don't understand why can't wash the car before they take some photos. Car covers are not that expensive either. I be a little worried about buying this car. I would question how it has been maintained in the past. I don't think having the original top is a plus either.

John J
It does look like someone tried to wipe off the windshield a little bit.
A bum using old news paper could have done a better job cleaning off windshield

They're going for that "barn find" look  :D

From the looks of that much dust

they last drove it in 1974

OR

it's parked in a saw mill

From the limited photos I share the consensus to be cautious on this. It appears to be pretty much intact and original, but looks to be 'ridden hard and put away wet'. WNY can be rough on cars while it was driven back in the day and while stored away in barn / garage for a decade or so. With the rust showing in the engine compartment, you can be guaranteed its got some issues underneath. Some quality interior pics would be nice. Those appear to be original lug nuts for the aluminum wheels -- and with the original top still on it, it may have 95%+ original parts. Asking price may be double (and then some) what it is really worth, but a close inspection is needed in any case. The fuel system is probably trashed due to gas turned into varnish, brake lines may be rotted out front to back. Basic information like mileage , how long in storage, etc would be nice.

I would be interested in looking it over but since I'm not in the market for a new project and I would probably raise the current owner's ire with a true valuation, I'll pass.

They're going for that "barn find" look  :D
Bingo!

There's a possibility that it's a pretty nice car underneath all that... age.  Regardless of how nice it might be, I'm not seeing $15,000.  Under the hood is a mess, nothing on the interior, and almost literally nothing in the description explaining why it's a $15K car (no mention of mileage, special options, etc.).

If it runs and drives, I'd offer $5000-6000 to start, and might be OK with spending $9000-9500 - it's just an H-Code, after all - no ram air, at that.

Back