Ghost Car

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkThomas

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Ivy Glow Mach 1
I have been trying to learn all I can about the history of my new car so I took a 'Google Maps'  tour of Pennington Gap Virginia where she was originally sold. The Dealer Lee Ford has long closed down but a mile or two up the main road of town I noticed on the left, in what looks like a car yard. something I first thought was my car!

The Google Map capture was dated June 2016 but her import certificate is dated March 2016 so it could only be a ghost. A closer look and it appears to be blue not ivy glow and a 73 not a 72.

Well it was exciting at first.

The only other thing I have found out is that she was most likely in Folson on 15 September 2014 as there was a receipt for a battery from Sam's Club there in the glove box.

Eventually you will be able to have google maps show you all of the pictures of a certain type of car they have captured. Probably easier than face recognition...

Very cool find.

A year later and I find another one lurking in Tallahassee Florida. Looks in need of some work and has been there since at least April 2011, the last photo was from March 2016.

Back