Scissor Jack and wrench

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgtjd

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
When I purchase my 1973 Mach 1 the trunk was totally empty. Where can I find a scissor jack and wrench that will fit a 73 Mach 1. I checked the catalogs and most jacks go from 65-70 and wrenches are out of stock. Please provide some sources thanks.

Second hand ones come up on ebay fairly regularly. My car didn't have one either when I bought it, but even though I saw them on ebay I decided to just to put a standard hydraulic trolley jack in the trunk instead.

i have an extra one somewhere.

Be careful they list a 'reproduction' Scissor jack and the handle, these are not to be used to actually lift the car they are made just for show.

just a warning of an experience i had with my scissor jack:

my rockers are rusted and pretty thin, the first time i tried to use the scissor jack on the recommended jack points under the rockers, my rocker began to collapse, it was not something i was expecting, after that i just left mine in the trunk for show and started using a regular floor jack on the chassis rails. the scissor jack did come in handy when i needed to jack up the back of my transmission :).

but they come up on ebay all the time. you should get a marti report if you have not and just see if your car came with a space saver spare tire.

the space saver used a special bracket for the scissor jack that included a compressed Air bottle to inflate the Space saver tire. space save tires come up from time to time as well.

thanks for the info. I saw a basic jack at the NPD site but no one in site says they have the wrench that goes with it. CJ Pony also states the same. Out of stock at the supplier. If you have an extra set I'm willing to obtain it. Let me know.

thanks for the info. I saw a basic jack at the NPD site but no one in site says they have the wrench that goes with it. CJ Pony also states the same. Out of stock at the supplier. If you have an extra set I'm willing to obtain it. Let me know.
I might have the handel / wrench, not sure about the jack. I will look through my stash.

I might have the handel / wrench, not sure about the jack. I will look through my stash.
Sounds good to me finally I'm finding this stuff, great site.

Found a scissor jack and wrench used on ebay. just what I needed for the 73 Mach...incase....

Back