New Australian member in Mexico.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

De_Jembles

Reaction score
My Car
1978 Ford Ranchero 500
1976 Ford F-150 4x4
1973 Ford Mustang GT351 MX
Hello all, amazed that I have finally bought a Mustang and completely unplanned while driving around in my beat up 1978 Ford Ranchero. Great to be part of the community finally! 

Sorry for the lack of better photos but it was surrounded by cars and grass so no real opportunity until I get her out. Bought it because it was dirt cheap and only had rust in the door sills with the rest of the vehicle being solid and straight. It has;

351W

Auto

Black bucket seat leather/vinyl with cloth insert

Yellow paint with black GT-351 decals

LSD

Manual steering and breaks

Disc front drum rear

Speedo in kmph not mph

I have done as much research as I can on this and am feeling confident but not sure so am bringing my question to the masses.

Is this a rare Mexico de Shelby mustang or just another mustang? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
A Mexiacn one, bravo, I almost but really almost got one last year, and almost again another one one this year.

Welcome from France.

Hello from Mississippi. That appears to be a genuine Mexico de Shelby. The Cougar style door panels and the 351 W engine are usually the first two things that catch my eye. There are others here that are more knowledgeable on these cars than I am and can provide a lot more info. From what I understand they were built as a result of Carroll Shelby’s partnership with Mexican businessman Eduardo Velasquez. I believe the GT351's were built through 1972. Always thought it was a little strange they were installing 351W's in these cars while the W engine was all but forgotten in the US after the 351 C came out in 1970. That's a really great find.

Glad to have another Aussie (even a Mexican one) and a rare car in our ranks. Welcome aboard.

De_Jembles I also have similiar said:
Hello all, amazed that I have finally bought a Mustang and completely unplanned while driving around in my beat up 1978 Ford Ranchero. Great to be part of the community finally! 

Sorry for the lack of better photos but it was surrounded by cars and grass so no real opportunity until I get her out. Bought it because it was dirt cheap and only had rust in the door sills with the rest of the vehicle being solid and straight. It has;

351W

Auto

Black bucket seat leather/vinyl with cloth insert

Yellow paint with black GT-351 decals

LSD

Manual steering and breaks

Disc front drum rear

Speedo in kmph not mph

I have done as much research as I can on this and am feeling confident but not sure so am bringing my question to the masses.

Is this a rare Mexico de Shelby mustang or just another mustang? Thanks

P1010011.JPG

invoice.JPG

Sorry, my 2 pics came up on your post.

Just search this site for "Mexican Mustangs" Actually a lot of info has surfaced on these Mexican Mustangs. I recently traveled to Guadalajara and met a true aficionado on these! He is bilingual and is on Facebook quite a bit. I'll have to look him up so if you want to contact him - message me and I'll dig for his profile... He knows his stuff. He is a auto journalist and very pleasant to visit with.

Looks like you found a really great project! Good luck.

Ray

Back