RetroFest in Chatham-Kent, Ontario

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1, M code, 4 speed.
May 26 and 27th is RetroFest  weekend end in Chatham-Kent, Ontario, Canada. Go to www.downtownchatham.com for more information and REGISTRATION. There is a tab for RetroFest 2017. ONLY cars pre 1992 will be allowed in the cruise and show.

This 2 day event starts on the evening of Friday 26th with a cruise of about 15 miles total, along the River Thames and back into town for a cruise in downtown Chatham. On Saturday there will be 6-700 cars displayed on the main streets. Usually this attracts 20K people for the show and other attractions. Hotels are available, but you'll need to book early. Weather has been pretty good most years at that time of year. You WILL need your passport to enter Canada.

Chatham is located about 45 miles East of Windsor and Detroit, just off the 401. Best to Google for directions.

Hope to see some of the Michigan and Ohio (and others)  Mustangers there!! PM me if you are coming to arrange a meet up. I'd love to meet you in person.

Also, I hope some of the Ontario members can make it too.

Geoff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an update announced on the local news tonight for anyone who may be interested in staying overnight Friday May 26th.

The Travel Lodge and Comfort Inn, located right as you enter Chatham off Bloomfield Rd, are setting up an area where your cars can be parked under supervision all night long. So no worries about your ride.

Also, from the 401 East or West bound, Bloomfield Rd will be the ONLY exit to Chatham for the entire summer. Hwy 40 exit will be closed as of the end of April for 8 months. Hwy 2 , Queens Line, from Windsor could be an alternate route.

Hope to see some of you here. PM me if you can make it for further details if needed.

Geoff.

Well guys, too bad you missed it. It was a beautiful day, close to 700 cars packed in Downtown Chatham.

Not to put you to shame, but there was a couple from N Carolina who drove their 1969 Chev Rat-Rod pickup ther just for the weekend. When I say Rat-Rod, I literally mean "Rat-Rod" . He had dozens of "rats" all over it!! I don't have a picture right now unfortunately. 

Here are a few pictures. There were only 2 71's and 1 73 there this year, but lots of 65 -70's.

Mine is the Light Pewter one, with a friends 73 Torino with a 429 in it next to it. The Grabber Blue one belongs to a friend who bought it new and it is still mostly original. No idea who the 73 belonged to. The "Orange Ford" is Barry Poole's latest creation............ Yes, that Barry Poole.

Enjoy.

Geoff.

Thanks Vinnie, We usually have good weather and we really got lucky this year with heavy rain just before on the Thursday and more to come. Always a good turn out of cars and we are known as "The car capital of Canada"

Geoff.

Back