71 mach 1 project pictures

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keiths71

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 semi custom street car, in progress .408c/tko600.
[url=https://ibb.co/guKKAa][img]https://preview.ibb.co/npGcwF/0218171920.jpg[/img][/url]
hello I thought to settle in here I would start by posting some pics. and a brief description of my off-on project  mostly on thankfully lately. by the way there is a lot of nice stuff in this forum! it started with a pretty good car that had some body damage rt. front but was drivable the previous owner had redone the suspension with moog and grab a track parts, so I'm leaving that alone for now. other than adding tin man fab connectors. my wife Kathleen stripped every panel and prepped them for me to come home from work and epoxy them over about a week, then many hours body paint etc. the engine is a street 408c built by Brent@ lykinsmotorsports  trans. is tko 600, 3:89 rear. ron francis wiring thanks to my bother in law also named keith, classic auto air, lizard skin inside. lots of other time consuming stuff haha. special thanks  to my good friend stevemach1ford, we trade ideas, parts, help,and

gif upload 20mb

motor-vation. I may even give him back his wheels and tires.

Still crappy weather here and not done with engine upgrade yet. Will have it rolling again by end of April. It was a lot of fun with the stock H code last year with the T5 and the 3.7 gears. The engine upgrades should make it a whole new beast.

That looks great! Ryan

I'm a fan of everything your doing. Nice job.
thanks for the compliment Mike, I'm trying to build it to be what I want in a street car without getting too far away from the original character of the car. I like cars that the longer you look at them the more you like them.

Great looking car. A wife that will strip paint? You must have some mad mind control skills! Brent builds some very fine engines, good choice.  Chuck

Great looking car. A wife that will strip paint? You must have some mad mind control skills! Brent builds some very fine engines, good choice.  Chuck
thanks, I probably shouldn't tell her about the mind control stuff. we don't even have a couch at the moment. she did a better job than I would have. very happy with brent, he is a good guy. I sold a lot of stuff that I didn't really want to part with to get the engine/trans. the paint stripper was glad though.

Back