Met BKDunha Today!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midlife

Shorts checker
Reaction score
My Car
No Mustangs at the moment.
While at the MCA National Show in Pensacola, I read that BKDunha (Brian Dunham) was bringing his 72 to the show.  I suspected it was in Concours class, which meant inside the building.  I go inside, and find 3-4 7123's there.  I look at each, focusing upon the license plate, wanting to see a TN plate because that's where he's from.  No such deal.  OK...go back outside to my tent and vend wares.  Around 4PM, a guy and a beautiful wife (who cares what the guy looks like?) comes over and asks if I am Randy aka Midlife.  Yes, I say.  I'm Brian, he says.  Well, where is your car?  I looked all over and didn't see it.  He said it has a UT plate on it, because that's where it came from...Well, no wonder I couldn't tell which was his car!  Of course, I could have googled the 7123 site for pics of his car, but as you'll find out soon, I couldn't.

Anyway, it was nice meeting you in person, Brian.  I would have taken pictures, but I left my cell phone at home (peeps: don't grow old and forgetful...you will greatly regret things like this...). 

This post was written while at the hotel where my laptop can access the wireless network and find out what's really happening in the world...

Randy, it was a pleasure to meet you in person and thank you for parts and advice over the years..  Yeah, that gorgeous sandy blonde is spoken for. :)  Wished the weather would have been a little more cooperative. It stunk that Sunday was the best day weather wise.  Ended up achieving a Gold with the car. Very happy with that outcome.  It was a long day yesterday. Ended up heading out of Pensacola around 3:30 with trailer in tow and pulled in the driveway around 1 am.  Heck my wife landed in Paris, France after leaving out from Pensacola at 9:30 am before I had made it home. Oh well.

Those other guys from Memphis next to you in the Vendor section, don't believe a word they said.

Pensecola 2017.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I never listen to them, they are so full of it. Only one acknowledged that they knew you. Whenever anyone came by to look at their stuff, I said "Half price sale: half to me, half to these bozos".

Randy, it was a pleasure to meet you in person and thank you for parts and advice over the years..  Yeah, that gorgeous sandy blonde is spoken for. :)  Wished the weather would have been a little more cooperative. It stunk that Sunday was the best day weather wise.  Ended up achieving a Gold with the car. Very happy with that outcome.  It was a long day yesterday. Ended up heading out of Pensacola around 3:30 with trailer in tow and pulled in the driveway around 1 am.  Heck my wife landed in Paris, France after leaving out from Pensacola at 9:30 am before I had made it home. Oh well.

Those other guys from Memphis next to you in the Vendor section, don't believe a word they said.
CONGRATS!

WELL DESERVED AWARD.

Yeah, awards, gold, yadda, yadda...

we wanna see the gorgeous sandy blonde now that she's been mentioned twice. We know what awards look like. :p

Couple of pictures from the show. Yes, I will sneak one in with my wife in it.

Thank goodness Concourse was indoors.

Pensecola 2.jpg

While the car was being judged. Johnnie Garner is the 71-73 National Head Judge (in the hat)

Pensecola 3.jpg

My wife and I seated talking with some other Mustangs of Memphis club members. Of course, she is the better looking one. Just not at 7 am. :)

Pensecola 4.jpg

Another well deserved award, congratulations. I always found it interesting when you get your judging sheets to see the details of what was looked at critically. I spent some time talking with Johnnie last fall on the subject of 71-73 mustangs in regards to the MCA and found him to be great to work with. Good thing you were indoors...having the weather cause the judging to revert to 'rain-out' criteria is always a disappointment for those who put the hours and hours of minutia detail work in on the car.

Sniff sniff...us vendors never get awarded trophies or even get judged. We sit outside all day long in the hot sun or driving rain, listening to folks tell us how to do our jobs...*sigh*

Well I guess you have heard it so many times. Those who always seem to now every thing better than your self.. But it is your company Randy 😎[THUMBS UP SIGN] They are every where.. But we are getting older and we are forgetting often things [sMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sendt fra min F8331 med Tapatalk

Congrats on the Gold. It is a great looking car. I apologize that I could not make it over there to meet up with you guys. Maybe next time.

Latest posts

Back