Edelbrock 1403 and a stock 302 PCV hose

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Ford Mustang Convertible
302 CID
C4 Transmission
I am still waiting on parts for my new carburetor project for my stock 302 - but I can see the PCV is going to be a problem.  The smaller PCV on the Edelbrock 1403 is in the front and uses a 3/8 ID - (I think that's the correct term for the inner dimensions for the hose).  I fuel line fits perfect.  But the PCV is a tab larger than 1/2" ID.  Can I find a hose with those kind of measurements or do I just need to just look for use some kind of hose adapter to connect the two.

Has anybody else had this problem and what did you do.  I know some of you guys are running Edelbrock carburetors.  Here is a picture

pic upload edit

Your local autozone or oreillys part store should have them in stock. 3/8 barb x 1/2 barb. Be sure to get nylon and not polyethylene. While both are chemical resistant the nylon will be far more UV and heat resistance. If you can fine the right style it will only have a very small stop in the center. If you get your lines put in all the way to the stop on each side you can barely see it.

Another option is to get some hose that is 3/8" inside diameter and 1/2" outside diameter, cut a piece 1/2 to 3/4" inch long and put it on the carburetor and then slip the 1/2" hose over it.

Another option is to get some hose that is 3/8" inside diameter and 1/2" outside diameter, cut a piece  1/2 to 3/4" inch long and put it on the carburetor and then slip the 1/2" hose over it.
Yep - I thought about that.  The 3/8" gas line was not the perfect fit in the old stock, molded PCV hose but I am sure a "new" one - with a little trimming would work.  Thanks

Problem solved! - I found a black elbow that fits on the PCV (Dorman 46017) with an opening for a 3/8" ID. I also bought a 3/8" to 3/8" barb to use with the 3 feet of 3/8" PCV/fuel line. This will allow me to use my stock cap and make a clean connection to the front of the 1403 Edelbrock (recommended by Edelbrock) or to the back using another connector to the rear.

Back