Extraordinary vert

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
I just saw an extraordinary vert in Heusden/Zolder yesterday during a car show.

I did not get to speak to the owner though.

The work done is outstanding plus they covered it all in shiny black paint, so they had to work thoroughly. 

At first I only saw a convertible with a roll bar which has been a topic a few times on here. But the I saw that he car is full of details that take a few minutes to spot as they blend in very well.

The only thing that ruins it is the embroidery on the seats. What does that have to do with anything?!?

Sorry for the low quality of some pics but if you use a phone in bright sunlight you cannot see what's on the screen and how the picture is gonna look.  Lesson learned! :(

Plus the car was parked so that the only way I could take pics was against the sunlight.

Here we go:

IMG_8122.JPG

IMG_8120.JPG

Some may have noticed the air duct on the upper quarter panel, but there is more: The rear bumper blends into the bodywork. (Sorry, bad lighting)

IMG_8131.JPG

Power dome worked into what seems to be a standard hood, notice the fender extensions and hood moldings are again blending in with the rest.

IMG_8134.JPG

IMG_8135.JPG

Neat little detail on the front fenders too:

IMG_8137.JPG

And a nice custom interior without going overboard (but why put "Bullitt" on the seats?!? It's got nothing to do with it whatsoever and this car can stand for itself without the reference):

IMG_8125.JPG

IMG_8129.JPG

The only thing I'm not sure about is the split front bumper. I kinda like but then again, I dunno.....

Thanks for sharing! I get mixed emotions when I see this. I'm not against modding but this is a bit like you're ashamed of your 'stang and try to make it into something else. Each their own of course, the work done looks very good. Just doesn't feel like a Mustang no more...

I like the fact that the owner did go in a unique direction and pulled it off.

Agree with the stitching on the seats as it doesn't seem to go with anything.

Good craftsmanship, poor taste, in my opinion. A mix of 1969 Camaro, 1970 Camaro, 1969 Shelby, and a bit left of 1971 Mustang. Any of these cars individually are attractive cars. When Frankensteined together not very attractive to me. Chuck

I'm not too fond of the split front bumper, and the grille would take some getting used to for me (maybe if it was just a honeycomb pattern).

Everything else looks sweet!  Nice job smoothing it all out, cutting in the front ducts, the roll bar, the hood cowl, etc. - it's all beautiful and nicely done. ::thumb::

The stitching... looks a little out of place (considering the significance).

Nice looking car. A bit too much modification on the body for my taste. I often wonder what our cars would look like with the extentions blended in. I like the look although it is hard to see with the black paint. I would have left the side lights on and try to blend them in as well but to each his own! Next time I head off to the paint shop I might inquire as to the cost of blending in. I imagine will will add a lot to the price.

Oh, and either no spoiler or spoiler painted black and with matching stripes. It just stands out too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
"but this is a bit like you're ashamed of your 'stang and try to make it into something else"

Ahem...

Sometimes mods are cool. (SOMETIMES) For me - this one went too far and obviously forgot from where they started!

Ray

Back