What is this part

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhazbun

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach I

Can anyone identify the little silver "box" mounted on the strut tower  just in front of the master cylinder in this photo? I need to figure out what this is and if I can find a replacement.

Thanks in advance.

--Robert

Can anyone identify the little silver "box" mounted on the strut tower  just in front of the master cylinder in this photo? I need to figure out what this is and if I can find a replacement.

Thanks in advance.

--Robert

That is the power window relay switch. Your car has power windows... correct? Most suppliers have it. I know West Coast Classic Cougar has them used and NOS. I see some on ebay too.

Last edited by a moderator:

That is the factory location for the Power Window Relay Switch on 71-73 Mustangs and Cougars. Ford part #: C8AB-14677-A. Have the same part in the same location on my 73 convertible with Power Windows. It took me awhile looking thru wire schematics to figure out what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

That is the factory location for the Power Window Relay Switch on 71-73 Mustangs and Cougars. Ford part #: C8AB-14677-A. Have the same part in the same location on my 73 convertible with Power Windows. It took me awhile looking thru wire schematics to figure out what it is.

Thx, I learn something new every day.  I found the part in the schematics.

Back