What is this part

September_1_2012_130.jpg

Can anyone identify the little silver "box" mounted on the strut tower  just in front of the master cylinder in this photo? I need to figure out what this is and if I can find a replacement.

Thanks in advance.

--Robert

September_1_2012_130.jpg

Can anyone identify the little silver "box" mounted on the strut tower  just in front of the master cylinder in this photo? I need to figure out what this is and if I can find a replacement.

Thanks in advance.

--Robert

That is the power window relay switch. Your car has power windows... correct? Most suppliers have it. I know West Coast Classic Cougar has them used and NOS. I see some on ebay too.

1973 H Code Convertible - Medium Copper Metallic - June 8, 1973, Built Ford Marketing Sales Vehicle

DSC_0266xsm.jpg

satellite.png Proud Space Junk Award Winner!

Is there a part number on it? I don't think anything was mounted in that area originally.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

20140908_204833.jpg

That is the factory location for the Power Window Relay Switch on 71-73 Mustangs and Cougars. Ford part #: C8AB-14677-A. Have the same part in the same location on my 73 convertible with Power Windows. It took me awhile looking thru wire schematics to figure out what it is.

20140908_200535.jpg

1973 H Code Convertible - Medium Copper Metallic - June 8, 1973, Built Ford Marketing Sales Vehicle

DSC_0266xsm.jpg

20140908_204833.jpg

That is the factory location for the Power Window Relay Switch on 71-73 Mustangs and Cougars. Ford part #: C8AB-14677-A. Have the same part in the same location on my 73 convertible with Power Windows. It took me awhile looking thru wire schematics to figure out what it is.

20140908_200535.jpg

Thx, I learn something new every day.  I found the part in the schematics.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

John,

Me.. I am learning something new just about every hour. Happy to help.

Rich

DSC_0266xsm.jpg