Mustang greetings from the Netherlands

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande 351C
71 Mach 1 429CJ
Hi all,

New to this wonderful website and community, let me introduce myself. 

I'm in love with 71-73 mustangs and the first thing I did when I've turned 18 is to buy one.

Now more than thirty years later, i'm still in love.

I'm french, and was active member of the french mustang club in late 80's

and was once I've moved to the Netherlands, became an active member at TMCN, the dutch mustang club.

As a freelancer, my time was too restricted to continue to be involved as I was, so I'm enjoying the back seat of the club for a few years now... 

I own a 73 grandé coupe that i've modified quite a lot since since then, It's having all the options mustangs could have excepted

the tilt column. The original 2v cleveland replaced with a 0.30 4v block and rare 351 Shelby heads is prepped, full of healthy parts from pistons to intake. The car also mixes the 3 years regarding parts. Mainly because finding parts in the 90's in France was very hard and also because not everything is nice in 73, such as the massive front bumper and other details.

and I got also a 71 429CJ fastback.

I drive a 93 T-bird 5.0 for the vacations and daily grocery trips.

While the 73 is currently finishing its second restauration, my 429, which I got for free from a friend

is now back from a dusty 20 years long storage and in front of my garage to get a total once the 73 will give her space into the garage.

Both cars were waiting... kids, house, work... Now the wait is over :)

One thing I do not like with the 71-73 is the cheap plastic Ford used.

Thats why I've replaced most of the cheap plastic crap by self made more nobel materials.

using aluminium, wood, leather....

On the picts you can see for instance the dashboard aluminum and the steering wheel i've made to go with it...

(I'll post later on nicer picts)

I do everything myself, welding, paint, bodywork, mechanic... Not planning leave the fun to others :)

I'm supposed to do an intro, so I'm gonna stop here and I'll spam later on with more picts and questions if you of course would be

interrested to talk 71-73 stuffs!

351c73.JPG351c73.JPG351c73.JPG

73interior.JPG

dusty429CJ71.JPG

Thank you guys, I will send more. One question before I do, For the next post, how do i rotate the picts? look like the post formatting went wrong, duplicating same pict and the attachments are rotated... is the php behind the forum that prefers landscape picts or is it me who forgot to add an option to define the correct orientation?

Salut Fabrice,  i see thé 71 still have french plate ? Welcome from France.
Salut Manu, yeah my friend was living in west France (17). They are gone since the pict, and will be replaced with dutch ones, once I import it over here. But its gonna take a while before I do so. It needs and deserves a total. There are not much matching numbers 429CJ around anymore...

Howdy from Phoenix! For work I get to visit Amsterdam, Eindhoven and Nijmegen. I've met Vincient twice and got to see his car. If any of these towns are close I would love to try to meet you and see the cars in person.

Back