Rear Parking Cable for DISC brakes

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mustang
Convertible
351C 4V engine
Hello All,

Just converted rear drum to Disc (SSBC)...along with improved handling (my previous thread)

Kit did not include rear parking brake cable.   Current one for drum brakes is too short.

I read people had to purchase new ones (can't find real leads, part#s etc)...or modifications.

Can I get which one I can buy.

Rush

Maybe these guys can make what you need. http://www.bruinbrakecables.com

Chuck

Maybe these guys can make what you need. http://www.bruinbrakecables.com

Chuck
They do make very nice parts. They can make custom for you. They also make originals for the 71-73's and they are top notch and fit perfectly.

If anyone needs the part numbers for the stock ones.....

Front #92562

R-Rear #92452

L-Rear # 92453

How short is it? I was able to keep the original cable by making my own extension piece. I dont know how is it called, but in the driver's side there is a connector. What i did was made that connector longer using a metal plate, drilling holes, milling between holes and then bending. Here is a picture. It works great.

I also have to rig an adapter where it connects to the lever in the disc as shown in picture. Mine were not SSBC though, but maybe these ideas help and save you dealing with a new cable.

Home made extension connector:

20170413_215413.jpg

Connection to lever

20170413_215441.jpg

1971 M-code Mach 1

I called Inline Tube company and ordered their stainless parking brake cable. I ordered mine with the shorter of the two pieces, 2 1/2 inches longer "inner cable". I also used their cable that goes from the parking brake pedal to the adjuster in stainless from them. It fit perfectly with by rear SSBC kit and the third cable came with the sausage seal that goes through the floor board.

Back