Aluminum Cylinder Heads identification

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lldoor

Reaction score
My Car
Ford Mustang 1971 Fastblack
Black on Black with 408 Stroker
Just pulled off these aluminum heads from a 351W and all i`ve found was this number on the heads:

42264-2

Can anybody help me to find out who made this heads? Thank you!

image uploader

They came from a 351 Windsor engine, no stamps, nothing but the number i`ve posted...

If they don't have any markings on them they are probably pro comp, or whatever brand name they are using now. Junk Chinese stuff usually. If they were trick flow it would be etched right on them. What do the roller rockers say? I tried zooming in but can't read them.

Last edited by a moderator:
they are different from the chinese stuff i`ve found, they look like Trickflows, i will send an image to Trickflow and ask them. The Rollers are from Lunati.

This is the numer i`ve found:

Can you post a follow up when you get a positive I'D on those heads, inquiring minds want to know. They definitely have a wedge shaped combustion chamber going on there.

They look like TFS heads. I had a set just like it to repair about two years ago. Email their customer support and give them the numbers and they can tell you the build date and cc of the intake runners. Likely some 170's.

I did not get a reply from Trickflow until now. I think they are early TF`s maybe Streeburner because of the valve layout...

just got the reply from Trickflow, Harold Miller:

Those are Twisted Wedge 170 heads. They have, 2.02”/1.60” valves and a 61cc chamber.

I am happy!

just got the reply from Trickflow, Harold Miller:

Those are Twisted Wedge 170 heads. They have, 2.02”/1.60” valves and a 61cc chamber.

I am happy!
Good to hear.  They will also tell you when they were cast if you ask.

Check the valve guides.  The pair by buddy had had the worst guides I've ever seen.  They are known for wearing quickly.  Amazing it didn't drop a valve.

Back