New member from Guatemala

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1, 351 Cleveland 2V with a FMX transmisison
[url=https://ibb.co/byqWMF][img]https://preview.ibb.co/gNvy1F/IMG_5370m.jpg[/img][/url]
Hi!..I became a member of this forum a few months ago but didn’t have the time to write my introduction. I am from Guatemala and I have been a mustang enthusiast all my life! I have a 1971 mach 1 H Code. I enjoy working on the car as much as I enjoy driving it, I am a DIY guy.

I took the time to look around the forum and it is amazing how much info you have! Happy to be part of it.

subir imagnes

Howdy from sunny Phoenix! What brand cyl heads are those? Why do you have the vacuum advance on the distributor disconnected? Great looking car!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello from Mississippi. Sure glad you liked what you saw and decided to stay. Is that an original black 71? I know from owning some black cars that they are a PIA to keep clean, but black sure looks good on these style Mustangs. Yours looks great! Welcome to your new Mustang home.

Howdy from sunny Phoenix!  What brand cyl heads are those?   Why do you have the vacuum advance on the distributor disconnected?   Great looking car!

Hi Will e!...Edelbrock Performer RPM 351-C cylinder head. 

I took the car for Dyno tuning and that’s how I got it back!---when I asked they told me that it wasn’t needed, the centrifugal advance was enough. The engine is running smoother than ever and the gains in performance are amazing, so I didn’t worry that much! Any recommendations!?? 

Hello from Mississippi. Sure glad you liked what you saw and decided to stay. Is that an original black 71? I know from owning some black cars that they are a PIA to keep clean, but black sure looks good on these style Mustangs. Yours looks great! Welcome to your new Mustang home.
Hi Steve. The original color is white….but I love how the black looks! I am thinking on going back to the original color whenever a new paint job is needed!

Keeping it clean is a real PIA!!! Love the color…but it relly takes some extra energy to keep it clean.

Howdy from sunny Phoenix!  What brand cyl heads are those?   Why do you have the vacuum advance on the distributor disconnected?   Great looking car!

Hi Will e!...Edelbrock Performer RPM 351-C cylinder head. 

I took the car for Dyno tuning and that’s how I got it back!---when I asked they told me that it wasn’t needed, the centrifugal advance was enough. The engine is running smoother than ever and the gains in performance are amazing, so I didn’t worry that much! Any recommendations!?? 

Hi!  I am not going to out guess a tuner. If it is running great and you like it then I would leave it alone.   If you decide to play with it you will want to use 'ported' vacuum which is no vacuum at idle since connecting it to manifold vacuum would increase your idle timing which would result in a higher RPM at idle too

Last edited by a moderator:
Back