71-73 Coupe trunk liner kit

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it....looks very clean. 

I see you moved your battery to the trunk as well.  Do a lot of members do this?  Was it difficult to do?

It wasn't too hard to do.  Bought the battery location kit, basically a long positive cable, and run through the length of the passenger side of the car.

I like the carpet. Looks good. Was anything included to address the fender drop offs?

Also, Just a suggestion on the battery relocate. You should have the battery in a sealed box with a vent tube leading to the outside. Without you run the risk of a build up of hydrogen gas in the trunk creating an explosion hazard.

I like the carpet. Looks good. Was anything included to address the fender drop offs?

Also, Just a suggestion on the battery relocate. You should have the battery in a sealed box with a vent tube leading to the outside. Without you run the risk of a build up of hydrogen gas in the trunk creating an explosion hazard.
The side panels have a piece that cover the fender drop offs.  Good point about the battery.  As a matter of fact I ordered a different box from Summit last night that's sealed.

Cool. I will have to add this to my list. These are the guys I ordered my interior carpet from in the Cut Pile. I was very happy with the quality.

I put the majority of this kit in my '71 Mach 1 (despite being a 'coupe/'vert kit), and most everything (so far) seems to fit just fine.  There are some pieces I still haven't installed (since I was in a hurry to just get the majority of it installed the night before a car show), but with no instructions - so far, so good.

I think the pieces that are supposed to cover the drop-offs seem a little flimsy, but otherwise I'm liking it.

Oh yeah - the spare tire cover does not fit a full-size rim/tire (I have a 195/75-R14 on a stock 14" rim w/a sport cap in the trunk - now way does the cover fit it).  Which is fine - I want to find a late-model space saver 'donut' to have an actual usable spare tire that won't take up the whole trunk, anyway.

Sorry, no pics - I currently have too much crap in the trunk (spare tire, 2 black vinyl 'Drake' bags with cleaning supplies, 3 camp chairs, etc.).

I put the majority of this kit in my '71 Mach 1 (despite being a 'coupe/'vert kit), and most everything (so far) seems to fit just fine.  There are some pieces I still haven't installed (since I was in a hurry to just get the majority of it installed the night before a car show), but with no instructions - so far, so good.

I think the pieces that are supposed to cover the drop-offs seem a little flimsy, but otherwise I'm liking it.

Oh yeah - the spare tire cover does not fit a full-size rim/tire (I have a 195/75-R14 on a stock 14" rim w/a sport cap in the trunk - now way does the cover fit it).  Which is fine - I want to find a late-model space saver 'donut' to have an actual usable spare tire that won't take up the whole trunk, anyway.

Sorry, no pics - I currently have too much crap in the trunk (spare tire, 2 black vinyl 'Drake' bags with cleaning supplies, 3 camp chairs, etc.).

I tell you what, I didn't like the way the tail light covers fit, so I'm not going to use those. I also ditched the spare tire cover since I don't keep a spare in the car. For the exposed holes on the side panels to service the rear park lights, I'm going to make some covers for those. I'm going to make a little "box" with carpet and Velcro them over those lights.

BTW - They have absolutely no installation instructions. You'll have to eyeball it and play with it. Take your time...... everything will fit. You'll be tempted to do some "trimming," but DON'T DO IT!!!!! Just take your time when installing.

Yeah - they're a little cheesy (bend them slightly to pop into the space between the trunk floor and trunk lid lip, and when they try to straighten back out, they're held in by 'friction,' or 'torsional force,' or some other form of "Effin' Magic.")  ;)

They still look better than the backside of my original taillight assemblies that won't clean up like new and I'm too lazy to paint, though.  :whistling:

I may be adding these to my list.... even though i like my new finished trunk it is not practical to have the paint exposed if you want to be able to throw a few items in the back.

Eric, i think you have a fastback so thats good to hear it will fit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Back