Wanted: 351W with 69/70 casting number

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
I need some input. For a new project I'm looking for a 351W engine. I'll gladly take a new crate engine only it needs a C9 or D0 casting number due to our new stupid classic car laws. 

As no company bothered to get back to me on the subject I thought I'd ask you guys as I know that many members know a lot of companies. 

Is there a company that makes new blocks with 69/70 casting numbers? 

Doesn't matter if the second number indicating the actual casting date is newer, it only needs the identification that it is old specs. (My crate engine in the Mustang has a 1996 casting code for identification and a 2005-6 actual casting date, that would no longer be legal for a classic registration)

Or does anyone here have a refurbished 69/70 351W they want to sell, preferably in or near California? 

Doesn't have to be stock but needs to look stock or more or less so.

Do all the parts (heads, intake, etc.) need a C9 or D0 casting number? Any specific city in California? Do you want a complete engine? Stock or improved performance? Chuck

I don't think all the parts need to be stamped period correct.

It could be build to deliver improved performance, even a stroker but it mustn't show on the outside. Think obvious performance parts like Moroso oil pans with big logos or fancy stuff that screams aftermarket.

I think nobody would mind an Edelbrock carb either.

Mike,

I have a 69 351W core sitting in the garage. I can try to take a look at the casting numbers this weekend. It would need to be cleaned and bored. The only issue is that I am in Wisconsin. Let me know if you are interested.

Scott

Mike,

I have a 69 351W core sitting in the garage.  I can try to take a look at the casting numbers this weekend.  It would need to be cleaned and bored.  The only issue is that I am in Wisconsin.  Let me know if you are interested.

Scott
Thanks Scott! I'll let you know.

Mike,

It looks like it may be from a Shelby GT350 acording to the casting code.

Regards,

Scott

free photo hosting websites
What make you believe it may be from a 1969 or 1970 re-VINed GT-350? Chuck
Chuck,

When looking up the C9OE - 6015 - B in a casting decoder page it said that this casting code was used on GT350s.  I know it came out of a 69 Mustang but he didn't tell me what it was.  I got the block 30 years ago, so I don't think I could trace the history of it.  I can try to look for the vin number on the block.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks Mike.

That sounds interesting but I won't however buy a motor unseen unless it comes from someone I know or trust. (Like someone from the forum). Or someone that gets recommended by someone I trust because they know them personally.

I'm thousands of miles away, so I need to play it safe.

Back