2002 gt wheels fit?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I wasn't really that high on these anyway. I was just looking for something temporary instead of the derby caps. Not a big fan of those. Thought if I could get this guy down a lot then it would be worth it.

Does anyone have the derby caps with larger tires on the rear and the car sits level or with a little front rake? Pictures?

I tried the 17 inch wheels from my 2004 Mach 1 and they hit the calipers on my 73 convert. I like the style but did not want to go with spacers.

s.

Thanks!  I wasn't really that high on these anyway.  I was just looking for something temporary instead of the derby caps.  Not a big fan of those.  Thought if I could get this guy down a lot then it would be worth it.

Does anyone have the derby caps with larger tires on the rear and the car sits level or with a little front rake?  Pictures?

scgamecock,

I have these wheels installed on my 1973 coupe. I bought a kit of four Eibach 1 inch wheel spacers. I like the spacers and the alignment ring that it has. Not real crazy about the stud to stud bolt in. So, I got some ARP wheel studs, popped out the hub and spacer studs, insert the ARP's into the hubs, and off I went.

https://www.amazon.com/Eibach-90-1-05-017-1-Pro-Spacer-Wheel-Spacer/dp/B000CNBMXY

Just an Idea!!

mustang7173

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm. I may need to rethink the dog pans. Those look really good with the raised white letter tires!!!

Is that the biggest tire that woll fit on the stock rims without stilcking out or rubbing?

Did you chrome those caps or just polish them? They look shinier than mine.

Thanks!

WW

Hmmm.  I may need to rethink the  dog pans.  Those look really good with the raised white letter tires!!!

Is that the biggest tire that woll fit on the stock rims without stilcking out or rubbing?

Did you chrome those caps or just polish them?  They look shinier than mine.

Thanks!

WW
 My stock rims were 14".  I put on vintique's 15x8.

When it comes to rubbing, I think it depends on your rides suspension.

The dog dish caps are off of a van which are a little bit taller than the cars.

And yes, they have been chromed because I be lazy and they take less upkeep.

Hope this helps.

Bru

Back