Jump to content

Convertible Top Handle Replacement

Recommended Posts

I have a 73 convertible, where one of the handles for the convertible top has broken. I purchased a replacement handle, but unfortunately, the handle is not complete. Theres a bushing and a blind rivet. The bushing can be pressed out of the old one and re-used, but I need to find a source for the rivet.


Any suggestions. Please see photo.






Thanks in advance!


--Robert H.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used a screw.

I cut an X in the bottom, I inserted the screw, then used a right angle screwdriver to get in there and bend the X to lock it in place, its been holing up for 13 yrs so far.


1972 Mustang Convertable :run_horse:  [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=1507]Visit My Garage[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Facebook Page [button=https://www.facebook.com/MUSTANGCCNE]MCCNE FB Page[/button]


Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Web Page [button=http://www.mccne.com/]MCCNE Web Page[/button]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...