Hello From The Show Me State!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Mac

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Sportsroof
Well, I am new to the forum but certainly not new to the wonderful world of Mustangs!

Name is Mac and I am a 52 year old USAF retiree, husband of one, father of four and a pastor to many. We have lived all over the country and a couple of foreign places as well so if you see me write "we used to live there," you'll know why. For the past six years we have called St Peters, MO home and it looks like it will take!

I started my love for Mustangs in 1974 when my dad brought home a 1966 Springtime Yellow coupe with a 289 and a C4 Cruise-O-Matic. Two days after bringing it home Mom drove it and bent the left front quarter panel and mangled the headlight bucket and part of the grille. To say the least, Dad was disappointed in Mom's driving abilities.

We went to work on the car and got it all fixed up with all new parts ordered from the local Ford dealership and new paint from one of my dad's friends. I can still hear KYNO playing on the car's radio while we worked.

Since then I have carried a love for the little cars and have owned quite a few of them. Some were for daily drivers and some were parts cars (or at least intended to be) purchased to cannibalize parts for the restoration projects. Either way, I have owned all of the classic years except for the 1969 and have owned one 1990 LX 5.0 and a 2003 V6 version I bought for the wife (though she would disagree). in all it has been 16 over the years since my latest acquisition, a 1971 Sportsroof.

That's it for now, I am an open book so if you have any questions, feel free!

Mac

Welcome, Mac! We're glad to have you aboard and I can't wait to see some pics of the 71!

Enjoy...

::welcome::

Greetings Mac!

I used to live there in St. Charles, just off First Capital Drive. I grew up in MO, north of Columbia and have been in GA for about 20 years now. Look forward to seeing some pix!

I didn´t even welcome you and i am already enjoying your stories man!!...

I´m from Uruguay.. YES!!! THAAAAAAT far away, in a 3rd world country and stuff but i´m a trully happy, 3rd owner of a not powerful but 1 of a kind 72 sportsroof I6 very very rare optioned that little by little i´m trying to put it back to its factory specs with the help of the great guys arround here...

Believe me.. if you are a mustang fan, you own a 71 sportsroof and now you found this site, you´ll be very very impressed with the knowledge, the caring people and the "family ambient" we have day by day arround here...

Ok Mac... Enjoy the site and be part of us please!!! ;) Thanks!!

Welcome Mac , and we love to see pictures.

John

Welcome Mac,

Glad to have you join up. Nice car history.

Not retired, nor former military but I am the husband of one, father of six and pastor to a few. Currently serving in Mexico but also served as a missionary in New Zealand and then started a church in Arizona before coming to Mexico.

Glad to have you here.

Welcome to the club, Mach! Glad you found us.

I am constantly amazed at the diversity of our membership. We have several pastors, many current and retired military members, etc. all connected by the common thread of their love for their cars. Pretty cool stuff!

Thanks for your service to our country, and welcome aboard!

Doc

WELCOME aboard, Mac!

I, too, am retired AF...last assignment was at Scott AFB but was quartered in Chief Quarters at Jefferson Barracks, MO.

I look forward to interacting with you on the Forums. Again, Welcome!

BT

Welcome from So Alabama. I'm not a pastor but I have a good one that I see at least once per week. ;)

I hope you enjoy the site as much as we do. This is a great place to spend your internet dime.

Thanks for the warm welcome one and all! I will surely post pics of the car when it gets here from Texas next Friday and then the work we do will also be documented. For now you can see the pics I have in the garage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to a great site. I was in the US"AF 73-77, avionics tech. I'm now retired also. I'm sort of your neighbor, a "short drive on I-44 to Mustang, Oklahoma (OKC area).

Again, welcome,

Chuck

Welcome neighbor.

I'm across the river from you in Chesterfield. I can relate to the USAF experience as I grew up as an Army brat to a career Cold War Warrior, and my wife was an AF brat. Between the 2 of us we have lived in 27 different houses, and like you some overseas stations. I'm 50 with 2 kids and 1 wife. We've been here going on 13 years and call it home as Dad retire here and we eventually settled back here after we started a family. I have a Pewter 73 Mustang coupe that I inherited from a family member, but is somewhat neglected as I have one in college and one on deck. I play with it, mainly keep it running, but it's been a piece of art in the garage since the kids got their licenses. I work for the large aerospace company in town (no names so it doesn't show up in searches). Anyway Like you, I'm an open book (I think it's part of the growing up everywhere thang!) - Anyway, welcome

- Max Neal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back