MECUM 2017 - Book end 429's

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
I'll be interested to see where these end up!  Anyone think one of them will break $100k?

Notice that the "first" one isn't the first 1971 Mustang build with a 429 but is the first 429SCJ built.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the "first" one sold for $77k and the "last" one sold for $177k!!!!  Any thoughts on the huge difference in price??
The only reason I can think of in the huge difference in the prices for basically identical car would be the last Mustang ever built with a big block would have to be it. While the first with a 429 holds some appeal, the fact is previous Mustangs were built with big blocks. But having the very last of something special ever made (like the last ever BB Mustang) will always have a premium price. But the huge gap between them is still a bit of a head scratcher though, considering it was the first ever built with a 429 and the only year the engine was factory installed in a Mustang.

I was told the $177 car was owned by a MCA judge and was basically perfect

I was told the $177 car was owned by a MCA judge and was basically perfect
For 177K she better be perfect!  Wow!!!
Overall I agree the pictures presented a very nice car but I don't think it was perfect. I noticed the door speaker was not original and much larger than stock.  Would have really liked to see the car in person for sure!

Back