Replaced bias ply with radials

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
I have a Grabber Lime Boss 351. The added bonus is it has a Gear Vendor overdrive for added drive-ability.
I replaced a set of Wide Oval bias ply tires with these Radial T/As. They are 235/60. Wow,  much more responsive to steering input and handles much better. And they were only around $120 ea, money well spent. I stuck with my Luxury Wheel Covers since it is a different look and that is the way the car was ordered.

I replaced a set of Wide Oval bias ply tires with these Radial T/As. They are 235/60. Wow,  much more responsive to steering input and handles much better. And they were only around $120 ea, money well spent. I stuck with my Luxury Wheel Covers since it is a different look and that is the way the car was ordered.

Nice. After much deliberation, I did the same thing (exact) on my current restoration. I had the bias ply on an earlier car I owned and wound up switching them out to radials as well. Just no comparison in the ride quality. I even have the sport caps on mine as well.

Nice. After much deliberation, I did the same thing (exact) on my current restoration. I had the bias ply on an earlier car I owned and wound up switching them out to radials as well. Just no comparison in the ride quality. I even have the sport caps on mine as well.
Most folks don't even realize they are hub caps.

LOVE the sport caps!   ::thumb:: 

The '71 Mach 1 I fell in love with as a kid was Grabber Yellow with a set of sport caps & deluxe ginger interior.

Good lookin' car - Happy New Shoes, To You!!

Great looking car! IMO, unless you have a garage / trailer queen destined for pure show, mounting radials are a benefit for overall driving safety and enjoyment.

Back