Convertible top switch

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mustang convertible(some day)
I tried installing my convertible top switch but I cant seem to get it to tighten all the way. Im wondering if there was some kind of washer that sets behind the dash. I tighten the bezel nut all the way down until it hits the base of the threads on the switch but the bezel is still loose? Any help would be appreciated.

switch.jpg

I tried installing my convertible top switch but I cant seem to get it to tighten all the way. Im wondering if there was some kind of washer that sets behind the dash. I tighten the bezel nut all the way down until it hits the base of the threads on the switch but the bezel is still loose? Any help would be appreciated.
I checked I do not have a pic. I think there is like a metal box that goes on the back side. I will look tomorrow and see if I can check for you.

Jim, as David stated, there is a metal piece that is placed on the switch from the back side of the dash that is used in conjunction with the nut and bezel shown in your illustration. The same one was used with the rear defrost switch. I don't have any to show you but David has some verts in his "Herd" so I'm sure he can show you exactly what it looks like. My illustration is from the Ford MPC and will give you a rough ideal of what you need.

15676 (2).JPG

Jim, as David stated, there is a metal piece that is placed on the switch from the back side of the dash that is used in conjunction with the nut and bezel shown in your illustration. The same one was used with the rear defrost switch. I don't have any to show you but David has some verts in his "Herd" so I'm sure he can show you exactly what it looks like. My illustration is from the Ford MPC and will give you a rough ideal of what you need.
well that sucks. David any chance you have a spare parts car?

well that sucks. David any chance you have a spare parts car?

temporary picture hosting

Jim, how many do you need :D

I found three in one coffee can, it's the angled spacer / washer

If you haven't found one yet, let me know I'll mail you one Monday

Don

Don,

You have been a life saver throughout my whole build. I'm a perfect example of why you want to start with an unmolested car if your going to do a ground up restoration. I will email you.

-Jim

Don,

For the sake of everyone here on the forum, please don't kick that bucket, OK? *G*

Back