Headlight area detailing

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobra94svt

Reaction score
My Car
1965 fastback, 1965 coupe, 1966 coupe, 1979 Indy Pace car, 1989 notch, 1994 cobra, 2001 GT vert
What's the correct paint color for the headlight trim ring, bowl, and the mounting brackets for a 72 Mach. Looks like a flat black. Krylon number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the correct paint color for the headlight trim ring, bowl, and the mounting brackets for a 72 Mach. Looks like a flat black. Krylon number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some of the brackets are painted SLOP Gray and not black. I will go from memory. The bracket that holds the hood latch is SLOP Gray, the center grill support bracket is SLOP Gray, the bracket or under the headlight bucket is SLOP Gray. The two vertical brackets on the left and right that join to the radiator support are SLOP Gray on a 73. ? on 72 .The others are semi gloss or Satin black cannot give the number. The SLOP Gray is a color that you get from Mustang supply house. It is also used on the shock tower braces and the shock tower caps underneath the front fender bolted to the upper shock tower.

Back