Rare space saver spare tire

Never used ford space saver spare tire.  Ssupposedly out of a 72 mach 1 with fold down. Appears Never used nibs  still on tires.  Rim needs paint.  Has markings k m q on it with ford symbol. F78 14 replaces 7.75x14.    I will ship this item.  Asking 700 ob o. Series inquires I will send more photos. Thanks

20170523_142336.jpg

There should be date codes and paint markings to show age plus the tire should have a date code.

The PO never had the safety valve installed so do not inflate the tire. Several people were killed while inflating them with air hose or air tank instead of the bottle. They would explode and with bad results. There was a special valve they put in place of the one like in this one that would pop off. They also had a yellow warning label on the rim that is missing. These did some in other models so you need to look at the codes to verify. I do not have them but you can google and find them. 

Here are some pics of a later model one and I have my original in my 73 Mach 1.

I sold a GM one I had on ebay and got screwed on shipping due to ebay calculations being wrong. Cost $25.00 that UPS back charged me. It only sold for $150 but not many people looking for them like the Mustang. They are difficult to find with right date codes.

100_2222.jpg

DSC_2033_2.jpg

DSC_2034_2.jpg

DSC_2036.jpg

DSC_2037.jpg

how to upload photos to internet

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

There should be date codes and paint markings to show age plus the tire should have a date code.

The PO never had the safety valve installed so do not inflate the tire. Several people were killed while inflating them with air hose or air tank instead of the bottle. They would explode and with bad results. There was a special valve they put in place of the one like in this one that would pop off. They also had a yellow warning label on the rim that is missing. These did some in other models so you need to look at the codes to verify. I do not have them but you can google and find them. 

Here are some pics of a later model one and I have my original in my 73 Mach 1.

I sold a GM one I had on ebay and got screwed on shipping due to ebay calculations being wrong. Cost $25.00 that UPS back charged me. It only sold for $150 but not many people looking for them like the Mustang. They are difficult to find with right date codes.

100_2222.jpg

DSC_2033_2.jpg

DSC_2034_2.jpg

DSC_2036.jpg

DSC_2037.jpg

how to upload photos to internet

There is codes on it.  I will have to post the other numbers.  But I can make out the ford stamp and letters k m q

I did not go look it up but looks like maybe this tire is before the government mandated standard tire date code that came to be in 1971. If if were a 1971 or newer tire the last three digits would be the week made and year made. If it were a 1972 tire it would have something like 282 for last three digits and that would be the 28th. week of 1972. Might google BF Goodrich codes to unscramble. Could be worth more if older but condition looks bad is that dry rot cracks I see below the 97 in the number?

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David