• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Integrated Strut Arms for 71-73 Mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackford

Reaction score
My Car
Owner of Pacific Thunder Performance Engineering. Maker of suspension, chassis and steering parts for all vintage mustangs. Have 65 FB mustang fully restomodded with 331 and T5z drivetrain
I now have Integrated Strut Arms for 71-73 Mustang (fits 67-73 Mustangs and a bunch more Ford and Mercury vehicles).  They combine the lower control arm and strut rod into one heavy duty high performance and fully adjustable product.  I built a 65-66 Mustang version last year and have finally gotten the 67+ version ready to go.  Here is a link:

1967+ Integrated Strut Arms

That's cool. I did a heim join upgrade to the strut rods a few years back. Is there an additional advantage to having the strut rod integrated into the lower control arm?

That's cool.  I did a heim join upgrade to the strut rods a few years back.  Is there an additional advantage to having the strut rod integrated into the lower control arm?
It's an evolution of design.  There are vintage and modern vehicles that have the two parts integrated into one part and that is where the inspiration came from.  Weight is one advantage.  It is lighter than the two separate parts which means better response time for the suspension.  For a street car that is not typically an issue but for a track car it can be important.  Cost is another advantage.  One part can be designed and built which reduces cost.  Things can be optimized when you combine them together also

Thanks Tracy for your thoughtful and polite input. I just realized this is a classified section post. I clicked on 'new posts' and just responded. I didn't realize this was something you engineered. It looks like a great product that brings our old cars even more forward to the modern engineering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back