Need help!! Can't find a new PS box in canada

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

83slimer

Reaction score
My Car
1973 sportsroof mustang
Anyone on the north eastern USA willing to help a guy out ? Orielies has new power steering boxes . If someone could buy me one and ship it to me in nova scotia . I can't find any in Canada that aren't a month out .

The Mustang Shop in Calgary has an awesome line of suppliers and will ship stuff out to you at a good rate. They do occasionally have stuff back ordered but I've never had to wait long and they had a surprising amount of stock on hand. Great customer service every time I've dealt with them. They have a website but a lot of stuff they carry isn't listed on it. Might be worth a shot

Rock auto has some listed with large core costs, and a rebuild service as well. They have it listed under Steering Gear.

The Mustang Shop in Calgary has an awesome line of suppliers and will ship stuff out to you at a good rate. They do occasionally have stuff back ordered but I've never had to wait long and they had a surprising amount of stock on hand. Great customer service every time I've dealt with them. They have a website but a lot of stuff they carry isn't listed on it. Might be worth a shot

Rock auto has some listed with large core costs, and a rebuild service as well. They have it listed under Steering Gear.
That was my first try lol they cant get anything at all is what they told me.

And every major auto store in the USA does not have a remand one in stock that doesn't require a core

Tran-Steer in Toronto were recommended to me by Power Steering Services in the US, They may be able to help as they rebuild Saginaw 800 boxes. Contact Mark at Tran-Steer, 416-293-5777, The address is 1810 Markham Road, Toronto On, M1B 2W2.

Good luck,

Geoff.

I thought I'd already responded to this, but I guess I didn't post it. Hmmmm!

Last edited by a moderator:
"Need help!! Can't find a new PS box in Canada"

You mean to say every new vehicle in Canada comes with a used power steering box? No kidding? I'd never had guessed that...

"Need help!! Can't find a new PS box in Canada"

You mean to say every new vehicle in Canada comes with a used power steering box?  No kidding?  I'd never had guessed that...
Smart-Ass!! Just kidding.

We all know what he means and YES, rebuilt or good used Saginaw 800's are very hard to find here and if we do find one, it's big bucks. A local junk yard want $150 for a rusted casting when I was looking before getting mine rebuilt, or at least, that's what they  called it!! Still too much play in the s/wheel.

You guys need to start a cigarette and steering box import business.

I am curious what the brand new boxes are like, made by Lares right?

You could always pull the one apart you have to see what you have to work with.

Just ordered one SPA-T from www.buyautoparts.com. Should be here soon. Heavy core charge so be prepared. You can get yours rebuilt from power steering.com as well. good luck

Back