Hello from Round Rock Texas

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 88

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I read about this website on VMF and thought I would check it out. This is a really nice site and I look forward to reading some interesting info from others who have also been enjoying their 71-73 Mustangs, and of course seeing the pics.

I bought a 71 Mustang convertible with a 302 and no options that had been left in a storage area for years and was not running. I stripped the car down to nothing, then had it all sandblasted and primed. I collected a lot of the body parts, carried it off to the body shop, then the painter for the black paint and when I got it back I started putting it all back together. Now I hope to be driving it soon. I do it as a hobby but lately as it gets closer to being finished I have been more than anxious to get it done. I am using mostly original parts but also adding some options and a little new stuff too. There have been a few challenges but hopefully everything will be just fine. :cool:

23 Pickup from bodyshop off to paint.JPG

25 Just Painted.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

Great looking project you have going there! Don't worry, it will come together!

::welcome::

WELCOME aboard!

It appears you have done quite a bit of work on your "journey" toward getting your mustang the way you want it. I know that there can be periods of frustration but it is soothing (at least to me) as things fall into place.

Whatever approach you decide to take with your mustang, I believe you will find strong supporters of your efforts on this site. We seem to be getting a great group of people.

Again, Welcome!

BT

Welcome fellow Texan. Invest in a case of painter's tape to keep the edges of that fresh black from chipping during assembly.[/i]

I wish mine was in as good of shape as yours! Can't wait to see her come together.

"Welcome" from just down the road in San Angelo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back