Mustang Mach 1, 1972 Restoration Project...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

machmeter1

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 - sold
Hi folks,

after eight years my restoration project is now almost completed. On the 23th of June I will present it at the provincial inspection authority. That's more or less the last hurdle I need to take. I will be fully depend on the opinion of the relevant engineer. Just if he approves that the car meets all required standards it can be legally registered in Austria. Not just one time I got really frustrated and was close to the point of giving up. But looking back, I can definitely say that I personally gained with the project.

My special thanks goes to Don from Ohio Mustangs and all the members who answered to my questions I had on some technical issues.

The first test drives put a big smile on my face. Sorry that I didn't share the whole project in this forum but it would have took to much time to post in German and English.

Anyways as you know that pictures can say more than a thousand words, I would like to invite you to follow the link below. It will lead you to the Forum of the First Mustang Club of Germany, where I documented the restoration...

https://www.mustang-inside.de/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4198

cheers Wolfgang

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that looks great!!! Awesome job on the restoration!!!

Wow, das sieht gut aus !!! Ehrfürchtige Arbeit auf die Wiederherstellung !!!

Hi folks,

Haven't been here for a while. As I mentioned in my last post, the restoration project came to an end. On the second attempt I sucessfully passed the check at the provincial inspection authority. So, since July 2017 my Mustang is also officially recognized street legal in Austria.

In the link below you can find some new pics:

https://www.mustang-inside.de/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4198&start=270

Kind regards from Europe

Wolfgang

What a great job you have done and attention to detail is excellent

I wish I had the patience to achieve that level of detail but 8 years is too long for me

Well done and congrats on getting it through the inspections, something I will dread when the time comes

Back