Ford Carlise

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill73Ragtop

Long time vintage mustang hobbyist
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1969 Convertible Restomod enhanced.
former owner (25 yrs) of 1973 Convertible, 351c, A/C, RA
It was a last minute decision to make a 1-day trip to Ford Carlise to check out the event.  I have not been there in over 10 yrs so it was interesting to see the changes.  Biggest one is the Mustangs outnumber and overwhelm any other Ford car - maybe it was just because if was Friday (I don't think so), but aside from the special areas for the Cougars  - featured car this year as well as the GT 500 Mustangs - any other Ford vehicle was scarce.

The 71 - 72 mustangs were few in number.  These convertibles were parked in a group.  There were a couple Boss 351's parked in the 'Boss' group and supposedly a few 71-73 Mach 1's parked in a separate group, but I never found them. 

This modified convert with roll bar was parked across from the stock verts

Here's one parked in the 'Yellow Mustang Club' group

Anyone want to be part of the 'Red Mustang Registry?  I image the hill will be covered in red mustangs on Sat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any pics of the Boss 351 cars? Any boss parts? I've never been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any pics of the Boss 351 cars?  Any boss parts? I've never been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Best Boss cars snapshot I ended up with....it was difficult to get a good pic since the Boss cars (69 - 71) were staged right across from a Dyno test setup which had crowds of folks watching the cars run up to max RPM.

upload image from mobile

As far as parts to be found (decent original or NOS) I found vintage mustang stuff almost non-existent.  If there was a really nice original or NOS part that someone had, the prices were breath-taking.

Guys,

I was also there for the swap meet and stroll through the cars. I was looking for a few parts and bought nothing !!! I did find a pair of NOS door handles for a cost of $450.00, that I passed on.

The swap meet along with many others I attend are down in vendors due to the times are changing !!!

Thanks, Jay

Wow 450 for door handles. I seem to remember a pair in Dearborn at the mustang show there last year for 150, nos. Crazy asking prices. Maybe I should take the hoard and go there and sell, lol.

I am member of yellow mustang club. Getting to old and grumpy to do swap meets anymore. That is why all the barns are full of parts I quit going.

Wow 450 for door handles. I seem to remember a pair in Dearborn at the mustang show there last year for 150, nos. Crazy asking prices. Maybe I should take the hoard and go there and sell, lol.

I am member of yellow mustang club. Getting to old and grumpy to do swap meets anymore. That is why all the barns are full of parts I quit going.
Wow David! $450.00! By now we all have come to equate NOS =Gold. But 450.00 is a pretty good return for handles that retailed for $13.05. That's a lot of $$ for OE handles that were prone to break. Guess I need to check my NOS stash and see if I have any duplicates of anything.

I have my red 71 and 85 GT registered with the Red Mustang Club. Didn't realize there was a yellow Mustang club until I saw a  large group of yellow Mustangs at the Charlotte Auto Fair one year. Haven't been to the Charlotte show in the past three years. Parts prices are insane and the cars for sale there are evidently made out of the same gold the door handles are.

Guess in the future with prices escalating like they are, you will have to show a certificate of financial responsibility before you can be allowed in the show. If you don't meet the income threshold then you will be admitted with a special badge that requires that you keep your hands in your pockets! :whistling:

Back