FPA headers on a '73 fastback help!!

Yea, Though I cruise through the valley of the Shadow of Rice, I will fear no Turbo, For Thine Torque art with me. Thy forged rods and crankshaft, they comfort me.

Thou preparest a strip before me in the presence of four cylinder enemies: thou anointest my heads with high octane; my quarter mile victories runneth over.

Surely Horsepower and RPM's shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will race on the streets and strips forever.

Has anyone tried cutting the rivet areas off and running a weld bead down the center? You guys think that would clear the header?

Yea, Though I cruise through the valley of the Shadow of Rice, I will fear no Turbo, For Thine Torque art with me. Thy forged rods and crankshaft, they comfort me.

Thou preparest a strip before me in the presence of four cylinder enemies: thou anointest my heads with high octane; my quarter mile victories runneth over.

Surely Horsepower and RPM's shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will race on the streets and strips forever.

If you grind/cut like 5 or 8 mm at corner where you finger is from the mount, would that be enuff? From pict, looks like it would not really weaken the mount... looking at the small damages, may be less would ok. No?

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

I had to zip about 8mm off my mount to get the headmans to fit as well. Just ran a weld across it.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

• 1 year later...

You need the frame mounts from a 71 or 72, I got a set in a junkyard in Colorado.

Car already had the motor pulled so I grabbed the frame mounts, they bolt on.

Then I just ordered 72 motor mounts from the parts store.

I have never really look at my 73 vert to see. PO had put headers on of unknown brand. Will have to go look. There was a set of ceramic coated on a 72 vert I bought for parts also a 2-V and they were not beat up when I removed them.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

had a set of dougs headers, had same problem. sent them back and since then pick up the frame brackets and motor mounts in case I changed my mind. ordered and received a set of hookers, hoping they fit without changing mounts.