Greetings from Durham, NC!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sciabola13

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Greetings!  I am excited to introduce myself to this community.  My 1971 Mach 1 is being delivered on Thursday and the restoration fun times will commence.  I plan plenty of pics to follow and relying on this community for information and support.

I am no stranger to cars, I had a '69 Mach 1 at one point but had to sell her to pay for the rest of my college education.  I also have a 1946 Ford Coupe with the original flathead V8 that I inherited from my father that is close to being able to be driven on a regular basis.  I just renovated my garage, and look forward to sharing this project with my 11 and 13 year old boys.

Thanks in advance for all your help!  

Jeff

Durham, NC

Welcome from Hendersonville, North Carolina. Tell us more about your new Mustang project and of course pics ASAP.
Pics on Thursday!  Just got the Marti Report yesterday on her, 1971 Mach 1. Was originally White with Ginger Interior, 351C 2V, and FMX transmission.  Was born on Feb 10, 1971 and sold out of Texas where it spent it's life up until the mid/late 80's.  From there it was garage kept up somewhere in the northeast until 2013 when it made its way to North Carolina.

The underbody, floors, and frame rails are in amazing shape.  Pass side floor pan has a credit card sized rust hole, most likely from a leaky radio Arial and/or cowl leak.  The prior owner is a consummate car guy and started disassembling her and had her soda blasted and primed, but never finished it.  I am picking up the project where he left off with the goal of getting this car cruising the streets of NC in the near future.

Welcome to the family. You may want to ask the seller how he treated the car before primer. Soda blasting can come back to bite you when moving on to paint work if not properly neutralized. While you can still get in touch with the previous owner hopefully he will be honest about what he did. Please keep in touch as you move forward. The wealth of knowledge here a quality of the folks cannot be beat. We keep this a family friendly site and it will be great for your boys to earn some knowledge and sweat equity.

Welcome from West Texas!

Can't wait to see more of your new project.  Mine's also an H-Code, but wound up in Texas, rather than started here and left.

Have fun!

Welcome to the family. You may want to ask the seller how he treated the car before primer.  Soda blasting can come back to bite you when moving on to paint work if not properly neutralized. While you can still get in touch with the previous owner hopefully he will be honest about what he did.  Please keep in touch as you move forward. The wealth of knowledge here a quality of the folks cannot be beat. We keep this a family friendly site and it will be great for your boys to earn some knowledge and sweat equity.
+1 on the neutralizing of the soda blast. Has ruined many a costly paint job. Looks good when first sprayed roll it outside and the colors go yucky and you have to go to bare metal again. bkdunha is right big concern.

Back