1971 Mach 1 in New York State

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mister 4x4

Too Big to Sneak
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
1971-mustang-mach-1-fully-restored-1.jpg

1971 Mustang Mach 1 fully restored

Price: US $23,000.00

Item location: Ozone Park, New York, United States

Fully restore, professionally and beautifully done 1971 Mach 1.Car has "era correct" customizing with slapper type traction bars, tach on top of dashboard and cragars with white lettered radial tires (15X10 in rear and 15X8 up front). Engine is a 302 with big cam, ported heads, Carter 4 barrel carb and Holley High Flow Mechanical fuel pump. Headers are high temp powder coated by Action Powder Coating and 2-1/4 Flowmaster exhaust is new. 4- speed Toploader gearbox is backed by 3 disc clutch. Rare fold-down rear seat still in place and functional.Straight as an arro, perfect matte graphic, pristineliterally just finished, fresh build.

See the complete ad & more pics here: http://topclassiccarsforsale.com/ford/204049-1971-mustang-mach-1-fully-restored.html

Wow - looks a lot like my car.  Priced about right as well, for an F-Code (302) car.

Sorry bur I think Eric's car is MUCH nicer. Anyone else notice what's missing under the hood? No fan shroud, no windshield washer, no horns, no horn button for that matter.

Hey, thanks guys! ::thumb::

I agree this one needs a bit more refinement to be as nice as the seller says it is.  For instance, the 'perfect matte graphic' isn't quite true.  It's close - very close in fact, but borders in too close to the riser areas on the sides.  Not to mention that it doesn't really belong there on this non-Ram Air-equipped car in the first place.

The tach on the dash is a hack - a previous owner likely did that, and rather than replace the dash pad and go with a column-mounted tach or Rocketman Tach Conversion, they just left it and call it 'vintage custom,' or 'era-correct' in this case.  Boo...

Deluxe interior with standard carpet (no Mach 1 vinyl 'mat' inserts).

I also have one of those Grant GT Challenger steering wheels in my Jeep - and also installed one in my '82 Mustang.  Yes - missing horn button is one of those pesky details overlooked.

And what's up with the bumper guards on the rear bumper, anyway?  Is that correct, or did someone just toss on a bumper that had the guards along the way at some point?

Still a good-lookin' car, though.

Some did come with the bumper guards. Mine has them. I'm not a big fan.
Ah - cool.  Thanks for that.  ::thumb::

Just seemed out of place on the earlier models, to me.

Some did come with the bumper guards. Mine has them. I'm not a big fan.
Ah - cool.  Thanks for that.  ::thumb::

Just seemed out of place on the earlier models, to me.
Looks out of place on all of them. But if I remove them I would have to weld up the holes smooth it out and then re-chrome the bumper. Another project for another time.

Eric, your right on the bumper guards. Owner has either found a bumper with em'  already on it or installed those. The bumper guard option was not available on the Mach 1 due to possible interference with the chrome exhaust tips on the 4bl models. So to reduce complexity on the assembly line and to not to have an issue with Mach 1's with and without exhaust tips and two different rear valance valence panels, they "Nipped" in the bud and made them N/A on the 05 body style.

As you can see from the sellers photos things look a little "Busy" in that area with the guards and exhaust tips in the same area. While a nice car and I do like the Pewter color, he has along way to go before it will ever be the caliber car yours is!

Back