Magnum 500s - Wheel Vintiques or Scott Drakes?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangfeverrr

Reaction score
My Car
'71 351C coupe
I just put this up on VMF, but I thought I'd see what my fellow '71-'73 owners had to say:

Has anyone got any experience or preference with these two suppliers regarding a steel/chrome 15" Magnum 500, that one would be any better quality than the other?

I'm about to pop for a set, and these two manufacturers keep coming up the most in my searches. Are they the same, really? Should I care about which I get?

Please advise! Thanks -

I used Specialty Wheels limited. They make their own wheels. They custom made my 15x10 Magnums with 6.5" backspacing. Couldn't be happier with the quality and they gave me a 10% military discount. Been about 8 years now and they still look as flawless as when they were new.

https://www.specialtywheel.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir,

I ordered Wheel Vintiques from CJ for my car and I swear they rusted up right out of the box. CJ / Wheel Vintique did make good and sent me replacement rims. I have yet to put the on to see if the replacements are better or not.

Thanks, Jay

I bought Wheel Vintiques 14" Magnum 500's about 3 years ago and so far no problems on the outside, but I see some very minor rust pitting on the inner surface. Not a big issue right now, so not worried about it. As I'll need new tires next season, I may change to 15", so knowing which of the 2 major suppliers is best will be helpful.

Yeah I would be interested in knowing everyone's thoughts also on buying magnum 500's. The yellow 71 im working maybe getting a set soon and it would be good info to relay to the owner.

Back