Jeff's 1971 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sciabola13

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Hey y'all!  I figured I would start a build thread to keep stuff organized, and to stay motivated and ask questions from the wonderful community here.

I just got the car yesterday, and after doing an overview inspection and fluid check, figured I would see if it started up.  The car has been sitting for quite a long time.  The points, cap & rotor, all looked really bad.  Hadn't pulled a plug yet to look at those, but figured it was worth it to see if she fires us.

The car has an aftermarket tape deck from the late 80's, and I found a Guns and Roses cassette tape in the deck from probably two owners before me.  Totally cracked me up.  

Check it out!  I know the video is kinda cheesy, but this car is from the 70's.  :)

PS.  I ran did another status check after running it, and fired it up again.  As soon as it warmed up a little, and whatever rotten gas that was in the carb had worked her way out, it smoothed out and calmed down nicely.  Had no problem staying running, I think the alternator even was charging, which was fairly shocking.  Plan on doing an oil change and a better inspection of the cooling system.  No leaks, but after about a minute of running, I could hear hissing coming from the radiator cap, not sure it would have built up enough heat in that short time for it to want to vent... 

Cheers!

Jeff

Back