HVAC tech's on forum?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Qcode mach1
I built a dust filter for the garage using an old ac blower given to me by my brother in law. It was a pain to get working as it was 220v and a Genteq X-13 motor. It ran for a while but quit one day and diagnosed the ECM controller went bad. I have since purchased a Genteq IM on Ebay and unfortunately the yellow voltage select jumper was missing. This is a new replacement ecm  but didn't come with the wiring or either jumper. I need to find out what the jumper actually does, is it a resistor or maybe a diode. HVAC forums were useless and the supply houses won't break out one from a new motor.

I anyone has one the can you meter it and let me know what it is or if you have a spare I could buy I would be very appreciative.

Thanks Everyone

Rick

:thankyouyellow:ttt

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I need info on. There has to be someone on here that knows what I need and could just meter one.

Could be a plain old jumper, a diode or a resistor. Without this jumper motor won't run?

Help please :angel:

Been there, that's where I figured out how to wire the motor. What I Don't have is the voltage select jumper (yellow jumper plug). There is nothing on the internet that tells how the jumper works. 

Is it a straight jumper, a resistor, a diode or an open plug. I get a few clues like hook 220 up with white jumper will let the smoke out and 110 with yellow jumper may run but slow .

:shootself:

May have it figured out, found two YouTube videos and they both show the plugs white plug has two metal contacts. Yellow plug is all yellow plastic no metal visable. So it looks like the yellow 220 plug is just a blank. Going to try it without the plug Saturday and let everyone know what happens.

Thanks

May have it figured out, found two YouTube videos and they both show the plugs white plug has two metal contacts. Yellow plug is all yellow plastic no metal visable. So it looks like the yellow 220 plug is just a blank. Going to try it without the plug Saturday and let everyone know what happens.

Thanks
Finished wiring new controller and viola works like a champ. Yellow plug is just a dummy to keep dummys from plugging wrong wires in. The white on is probably just a jumper. Now back to work on car and paint projects.

Back