glove box sticks. I think it should have a little handle

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NG8264723

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang f code MACHI
Purchased in 1997 or so
It shuts fine but won't open.  WHat a pain. It seems to line up fine so I am not sure why this is happening

It's the plastic panels.

Mine had the same issue.  Check the big plastic piece around the glove box door opening - if it's about as centered as it can be, then you'll need to adjust the panel on the glove box door.

Hope that helps!

I haven't put that one in yet! Maybe it's adjusted too deep. I'll mess around with it.....

There is a clip with the latch that acts as a spring. Mine came off and I couldn't figure out how to put it back in, so now I have to use the keys in the lock as a handle.

How often do you open yours up?

I do mine once a year to remove the old insurance card and put in the new one.
What, you don't use those "great" cup holders on the inside of the glove box lid!  lollerz

How often do you open yours up?

I do mine once a year to remove the old insurance card and put in the new one.
Wow.  I don't even do that (reference my thread about the mismatched license plates).  Apparently, my registration storage facility is in the center console of my daily driver 2012 Ram. rofl

Actually, my paperwork is [usually] in the center console.  There's no way to comfortably reach the glove box to pull out paperwork if I'm pulled over.  I think the only thing in my glove box is the book on how to use the Retrosound radio controls... not that I've ever read it.  :whistling:

Back