Radio antennae cap or cover?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red73mustang

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertable
I hate the radio antennae location and solid mast design so much that I'm switching to a powered hidden under dash unit.  Now is there anyone who makes a cover or has anyone fabricated on to block off the antenna hole in the fender?

Thanks, Chet

I hate the radio antennae location and solid mast design so much that I'm switching to a powered hidden under dash unit.  Now is there anyone who makes a cover or has anyone fabricated on to block off the antenna hole in the fender?

Thanks, Chet
here you go:

D3AZ-19A177

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my antenna, it's sooooo 70's :)

Seriously, if you want it gone, the only way I'd do it is to weld something in and repaint. Those block off plates don't do the car any favour IMHO...

Cheers,

Vincent.

I did the same thing - used a Retrosound power antenna module that I mounted where the factory dash speaker should be.

I'd already made the decision before my car went to the body shop, so I had the holes patched, filled, and painted over.  No antenna.

The blank/cover will work in a pinch, but if it ever comes time to repaint, have it filled in.  It looks a lot cleaner, IMHO.

Wow............those Ford cover plates look hideous! I may just squirt a blob of silicone sealer in the antennae hole and put the chrome antennae cover on it until I can weld the hole shut and fill it.

Back