Luxstang makes the headlines

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
You knew it was gonna happen sooner or later, didn't you?

Surprisingly enough it's not for indecent exposure or for being the best looking 40something going on 50 or even about my attempt to take over world leadership but it's in fact about my car. 

(You take what you get, it's another step towards world leadership!)  :whistling:

I got my car featured in one of the two big German US car themed magazines!!

It had been in "Street" magazine a few years ago, still sitting higher and with 15 inch Torq Thrust wheels, but this time it even made the cover (which I'm very proud of!) 

The cool thing about this is that when we were kids, we used to read "Chrom & Flammen" (meaning "chrome & flames" but that was easy wasn't it?) and drool over the cars they featured. At the time it was the only such publication on the local market.

(Later we discovered other magazines with pictures to drool over but ...uhm..., well.......  :cool:  )

Their headline touches the subject of how the color combo of the Nash Bridges 'cuda inspired me to go with yellow after the rebuilt. 

I especially like the second part under the headline "Gelb, tief, cool" which means "Yellow, Low, Cool". I think that pretty nicely sums up what I wanted to achieve with this car. :)

C&F cover.jpg

C&F 1.jpg

C&F2.jpg

C&F 3.jpg

Guten Tag LUXSTANG und Gratulation!

Auf der vorderseite vom magazin sagt es 1970er, du hast aber ein 1972er modell. Da haben die aber einen fehler gemacht.  Ich bin aufgewachsen in Deutschland (Military Parents) und reiste viel in Europa und auch BENELUX Staaten, Yugoslavien, Griechenland etc. Ich habe viel Leonidas gegessen und Eclairs YUMMY!   :p

Chrom und Flammen hab ich gesammelt ueber 20 jahre oder so, mein deutsch ist nicht mehr das beste. Mein Vater Amerikaner, meine Mutter Deutsch.  :D  

In diesem foto fahre ich in meinem 1971er Mustang Convertible die strasse runter in Deutschland  :whistling:

IMG_0679.JPG

Yeah, I took all the pics. I was in touch with them and we'd been trying to arrange a shooting for ages so I simply sent them these and asked if they were good enough. They asked why I hadn't sent those before we started planning. :)

I'm glad they were up to par for the magazine.

Very cool! Great keepsake! I'm surprised you didn't get your better half in the photo shoot.
Yeah.... it's called "chrome and flames" and not "milfs and heels"..... although I think I'd buy that! :)

Guten Tag LUXSTANG und Gratulation!

Auf der vorderseite vom magazin sagt es 1970er, du hast aber ein 1972er modell. Da haben die aber einen fehler gemacht.  Ich bin aufgewachsen in Deutschland (Military Parents) und reiste viel in Europa und auch BENELUX Staaten, Yugoslavien, Griechenland etc. Ich habe viel Leonidas gegessen und Eclairs YUMMY!   :p

Chrom und Flammen hab ich gesammelt ueber 20 jahre oder so, mein deutsch ist nicht mehr das beste. Mein Vater Amerikaner, meine Mutter Deutsch.  :D  

In diesem foto fahre ich in meinem 1971er Mustang Convertible die strasse runter in Deutschland  :whistling:
Aha! Provisorische Kennzeichen! :)

It's true that they screwed up on the cover. I didn't notice it. It really said 1970 instead of 1972! Shame, shame.... 

I was so excited to see the cover that I completely missed that!!!

Awesome, Brutha!  :bravo:

I'm glad they liked your pictures - you (collective 'you,' talking to everybody) have the best eye for capturing the 'right' images of your own vehicle.  Having a quality camera and good composition is all anybody really needs these day.  The thing I don't like about having someone else take and choose the pictures, is they usually tend to take some artistic liberty and start editing things (choose an unflattering angle, make the yellow brighter, or wash out some background details, etc.).

You've got a great eye, picked incredible backgrounds, and took quality pics of your awesome ride that they actually used - can't do any better than that!  ::thumb::

Latest posts

Back