Luxstang makes the headlines

luxstang

You knew it was gonna happen sooner or later, didn't you?

Surprisingly enough it's not for indecent exposure or for being the best looking 40something going on 50 or even about my attempt to take over world leadership but it's in fact about my car. 

(You take what you get, it's another step towards world leadership!)  :whistling:

I got my car featured in one of the two big German US car themed magazines!!

It had been in "Street" magazine a few years ago, still sitting higher and with 15 inch Torq Thrust wheels, but this time it even made the cover (which I'm very proud of!) 

The cool thing about this is that when we were kids, we used to read "Chrom & Flammen" (meaning "chrome & flames" but that was easy wasn't it?) and drool over the cars they featured. At the time it was the only such publication on the local market.

(Later we discovered other magazines with pictures to drool over but ...uhm..., well.......  :cool:  )

Their headline touches the subject of how the color combo of the Nash Bridges 'cuda inspired me to go with yellow after the rebuilt. 

I especially like the second part under the headline "Gelb, tief, cool" which means "Yellow, Low, Cool". I think that pretty nicely sums up what I wanted to achieve with this car. :)

1872677883_CFcover.thumb.jpg.ecc623a0ed2483c57e6d3414c64706cf.jpg

1642957096_CF1.thumb.jpg.5b1a99a48ef84ad4c62b9e864a5c239a.jpg

1321644759_CF2.thumb.jpg.fc9dde039a160b165444f3b4815161a2.jpg

1342357325_CF3.thumb.jpg.ee2799f6454d11b7350ab715e556e70c.jpg

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guten Tag LUXSTANG und Gratulation!

Auf der vorderseite vom magazin sagt es 1970er, du hast aber ein 1972er modell. Da haben die aber einen fehler gemacht.  Ich bin aufgewachsen in Deutschland (Military Parents) und reiste viel in Europa und auch BENELUX Staaten, Yugoslavien, Griechenland etc. Ich habe viel Leonidas gegessen und Eclairs YUMMY!   :P

Chrom und Flammen hab ich gesammelt ueber 20 jahre oder so, mein deutsch ist nicht mehr das beste. Mein Vater Amerikaner, meine Mutter Deutsch.  :D  

In diesem foto fahre ich in meinem 1971er Mustang Convertible die strasse runter in Deutschland  :whistling:

IMG_0679.thumb.JPG.ee0fb15ed8e198e6f6ae306aa47392c6.JPG

71-73 Mustangs never die, they just go faster!

Wow! Very cool. Nice magazine feature.

1973 H Code Convertible - Medium Copper Metallic - June 8, 1973, Built Ford Marketing Sales Vehicle

DSC_0266xsm.jpg

satellite.png Proud Space Junk Award Winner!

Very cool! Great keepsake! I'm surprised you didn't get your better half in the photo shoot.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

That's awesome and the car pics turned out great!

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

Yeah, I took all the pics. I was in touch with them and we'd been trying to arrange a shooting for ages so I simply sent them these and asked if they were good enough. They asked why I hadn't sent those before we started planning. :)

I'm glad they were up to par for the magazine.

spacer.png
Mike
Check out my video:

Well done mate! I used to read that until recently when they killed the Dutch version. But I'll make an exception and get this one I think!

Very cool! Great keepsake! I'm surprised you didn't get your better half in the photo shoot.

Yeah.... it's called "chrome and flames" and not "milfs and heels"..... although I think I'd buy that! :)

spacer.png
Mike
Check out my video:

Guten Tag LUXSTANG und Gratulation!

Auf der vorderseite vom magazin sagt es 1970er, du hast aber ein 1972er modell. Da haben die aber einen fehler gemacht.  Ich bin aufgewachsen in Deutschland (Military Parents) und reiste viel in Europa und auch BENELUX Staaten, Yugoslavien, Griechenland etc. Ich habe viel Leonidas gegessen und Eclairs YUMMY!   :P

Chrom und Flammen hab ich gesammelt ueber 20 jahre oder so, mein deutsch ist nicht mehr das beste. Mein Vater Amerikaner, meine Mutter Deutsch.  :D  

In diesem foto fahre ich in meinem 1971er Mustang Convertible die strasse runter in Deutschland  :whistling:

Aha! Provisorische Kennzeichen! :)

It's true that they screwed up on the cover. I didn't notice it. It really said 1970 instead of 1972! Shame, shame.... 

I was so excited to see the cover that I completely missed that!!!

spacer.png
Mike
Check out my video:

Awesome, Brutha!  :bravo:

I'm glad they liked your pictures - you (collective 'you,' talking to everybody) have the best eye for capturing the 'right' images of your own vehicle.  Having a quality camera and good composition is all anybody really needs these day.  The thing I don't like about having someone else take and choose the pictures, is they usually tend to take some artistic liberty and start editing things (choose an unflattering angle, make the yellow brighter, or wash out some background details, etc.).

You've got a great eye, picked incredible backgrounds, and took quality pics of your awesome ride that they actually used - can't do any better than that!  ::thumb::

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

I noticed the 1970 as well but doesn't it mean "from the seventies" when written like this? Or can you actually write "1972-er" in German?

Apart from that, who cares? It's your awesome car as a main feature on the front of a leading magazine :-)

Congratulations Mike,

Great to see you getting some solid publicity and recognition on the Vert.

I'm sure  you must be feeling a very proud and happy man. Well done Sir!   ::thumb::

I must be honest, and admit i was inspired by the Nash Bridges TV series when it came out back in the Nineties. I was very taken by Nash's  yellow and white Cuda myself.

I thought, yeah, i'd like to own one of those, but when i discovered the asking prices and how rare they were, i quickly  put the idea out of my mind. Even thinking of trying to buy a yellow and white '70/'71 Dodge Challenger Convertible as a kind of poor man's Nash substitute  car,has turned out to be a kind of dream as well, as it would cost me around $85,000.00 Australian to buy and ship one out to Australia, and put it on the road here. So yeah, our 1,2, 3 Mustang Verts  hit the spot pretty well as a darn good concept car to be seen in and enjoy driving around in as well. I get an incredible amount of positive street feedback from folks whenever i'm out and about on the roads where i live.

I remember you were saying a while ago, you were  going through a bad patch with the car, and feeling low about the whole thing. I guess it's things like the magazine

article that help puts things back to a more positive  feeling about your Mustang. I think it would be fair to say that most classic car owners go through their share of lows and highs while they own their cars.

Greg. :)

:whistling: LORD, MR FORD - JERRY REED

Congratulations Mike,

Great to see you getting some solid publicity and recognition on the Vert.

I'm sure  you must be feeling a very proud and happy man. Well done Sir! ::thumb::

I must be honest, and admit i was inspired by the Nash Bridges TV series when it came out back in the Nineties. I was very taken by Nash's  yellow and white Cuda myself.

I thought, yeah, i'd like to own one of those, but when i discovered the asking prices and how rare they were, i quickly  put the idea out of my mind. Even thinking of trying to buy a yellow and white '70/'71 Dodge Challenger Convertible as a kind of poor man's Nash substitute  car,has turned out to be a kind of dream as well, as it would cost me around $85,000.00 Australian to buy and ship one out to Australia, and put it on the road here. So yeah, our 1,2, 3 Mustang Verts  hit the spot pretty well as a darn good concept car to be seen in and enjoy driving around in as well. I get an incredible amount of positive street feedback from folks whenever i'm out and about on the roads where i live.

I remember you were saying a while ago, you were  going through a bad patch with the car, and feeling low about the whole thing. I guess it's things like the magazine

article that help puts things back to a more positive  feeling about your Mustang. I think it would be fair to say that most classic car owners go through their share of lows and highs while they own their cars.

Regarding the Nash Bridges connection. People who are not classic car enthousiasts don't even notice the difference. 

Although the show is not well known in Europe as if never aired in a prime time slot on a big network, I've had people ask me if that was the same car as the one in the show. 

There was this one girl who had her friend take a picture of her with the car just as I walked up to them and she was freaking out telling me how excited she was to finally see a "Nash Bridges car" in real life. I told her she should sit inside and have her picture taken and she was so happy. 

I didn't wanna ruin it for her either so I kept my mouth shut. It helped that she was really cute. :)

One of the guys who delivered the car to me after the paint job and assembly told me he had seen the exact same car in a show with Don Johnson. He was much less cute so I tried to explain the misunderstanding but he wouldn't have any of that. He insisted it was they same. 

I guess you could use a 71-72 vert as a stunt double with a little dress up and filming not too close though.

spacer.png
Mike
Check out my video:

Thanks Mike,

You make some good points there, and i agree about the 1,2,3 Verts being misrepresented by many, when presented in the bright yellow colour and the white interior.

As you say yourself, the positive, enthusiastic feedback and responses we get with these cars, obviously speaks volumes on the great looks and styling they have in their own rights.

You can't ignore or look through that, i'm sure.

Ashampoo_Snap_2017_06.15_01h14m10s_002_.png.8500152ca6e02a5047c4d1ee35ee0eea.pngAshampoo_Snap_2017_06.15_01h14m30s_003_.png.9b55eecf90030a65dab57e76c116f32b.png

Cheers mate,

:whistling: LORD, MR FORD - JERRY REED