"new" Mach 1 project, East Tennessee

Wilco549

Hi All! I've been lurking and reading for a month or so, since I bought my 72 project. I'm planning a resto-mod driver, not into car shows or garage Queens. Body is pretty straight and solid. Cowl is currently being re-built by deleting the RH vent and re-surfacing with some salvage material. Plan on going with a classic air or similar anyway. Floor pans were shot and have finished installing new ones. 

I'm slowly sourcing missing parts and plan on bring the beast back to life.  I've tinkered with cars my whole life (53 yrs) so this is not my first rodeo but I still have a lot to learn.

PO had the car down to bare metal and sprayed primer on exterior. Original 351 was missing and PO sourced a 429 D0VE-c from a 70 LTD. Plan on a tear-down soon to see where I need to go with that. 

00_Z0_Z_e6_Azk_OBqgm9_1200x900.jpg

00808_3j_DBI1n7_PA6_1200x900.jpg

00k0k_9_Us_Bdn_MJ1_Lb_1200x900.jpg

Welcome from TriCities WA.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Welcome from NE Tennessee!  ::welcome::  I'm in Jonesborough.  What part of Eastern Tennessee are you in?  From the background of your pictures, we could be neighbors.

Ron

The Rickster, a 1973 Mach 1, being restored as a tribute to my brother who passed away with COVID in July 2020.

Billy, a 1976 Ford Bronco, also needs a lot of work.

El Guapo, a 1986 F150, frame-off Resto-Mod.

Also, in the queue, a 1950 Ford F1 Panel truck and 1962 Falcon Ranchero

Welcome from NE Tennessee!  ::welcome::  I'm in Jonesborough.  What part of Eastern Tennessee are you in?  From the background of your pictures, we could be neighbors.

Southern Greene. The pics were in Erwin.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Welcome from Iowa.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Southern Greene. The pics were in Erwin.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Yup, we're practically neighbors.   :)  PM sent.

Ron

The Rickster, a 1973 Mach 1, being restored as a tribute to my brother who passed away with COVID in July 2020.

Billy, a 1976 Ford Bronco, also needs a lot of work.

El Guapo, a 1986 F150, frame-off Resto-Mod.

Also, in the queue, a 1950 Ford F1 Panel truck and 1962 Falcon Ranchero

Welcome from the other end of TN.

BKDunha

72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse driven restoration)

67 S-Code Factory GT with 4-Spd

68 Mercury Cyclone (Pro-Street project)

Welcome from Denmark Northern parts of EU [emoji1087][emoji41][emoji106]Regards Lars DK73

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73:whistling:

Thanks for the warm welcome....I'll try not to be too obnoxious. I'll need a lot of help when it comes to putting the car back together. I'm currently working on the floors and the cowl. After that it's into the engine bay and then the LR quarter needs a patch. A lot of work ahead of me...but that's what spare time is for.

Tim

BTW, 73MustangCoupe, I'll be getting in touch soon for a meet-up.

Welcome from Western Australia, looks like a good project and similar to mine needed to do floors, cowl etc which is typical of these. Was trying to avoid doing trunk floor but decided to tackle it despite the cost. would be lost without the advice and technical articles on this forum. Hopefully you start a build thread so everyone can see your progress.

P1030238.jpg