"new" Mach 1 project, East Tennessee

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilco549

Reaction score
My Car
'72 Mach 1 roller
Hi All! I've been lurking and reading for a month or so, since I bought my 72 project. I'm planning a resto-mod driver, not into car shows or garage Queens. Body is pretty straight and solid. Cowl is currently being re-built by deleting the RH vent and re-surfacing with some salvage material. Plan on going with a classic air or similar anyway. Floor pans were shot and have finished installing new ones. 

I'm slowly sourcing missing parts and plan on bring the beast back to life.  I've tinkered with cars my whole life (53 yrs) so this is not my first rodeo but I still have a lot to learn.

PO had the car down to bare metal and sprayed primer on exterior. Original 351 was missing and PO sourced a 429 D0VE-c from a 70 LTD. Plan on a tear-down soon to see where I need to go with that. 

Welcome from NE Tennessee!  ::welcome::  I'm in Jonesborough.  What part of Eastern Tennessee are you in?  From the background of your pictures, we could be neighbors.
Southern Greene. The pics were in Erwin.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Welcome from NE Tennessee!  ::welcome::  I'm in Jonesborough.  What part of Eastern Tennessee are you in?  From the background of your pictures, we could be neighbors.
Southern Greene. The pics were in Erwin.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Yup, we're practically neighbors.   :)  PM sent.

Thanks for the warm welcome....I'll try not to be too obnoxious. I'll need a lot of help when it comes to putting the car back together. I'm currently working on the floors and the cowl. After that it's into the engine bay and then the LR quarter needs a patch. A lot of work ahead of me...but that's what spare time is for.

Tim

BTW, 73MustangCoupe, I'll be getting in touch soon for a meet-up.

Latest posts

Back