4V Carb with 2V Intake

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72FastbackWNC

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Fastback
My '72 351C H code has an Edelbrock 1406 4V carb and a 2V intake (D1AE-9425-DA). What are the long-term effects of this setup? Should I consider swapping to an Edelbrock 2750 intake, or something else?

72FastbackWNC,

Yes, I would consider swapping to the Edelbrock 2750 intake. So, If you have an 4V to 2V adapter, then I would say this would restrict WOT (wide open throttle) flow. With the addition of the Edelbrock 2750 intake, you have the full 4V mounting, and more air flow through the manifold due to the larger openings.

I am running the Holley 750 with the Edelbrock Performer intake. This similar to the current available Edelbrock's.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/2750/10002/-1

It runs very well for the street.

mustang7173

Those were available back in the 70s (during the energy crisis) as a fuel saver - convert your gas guzzling 4V to an economic 2V. Folks used to come in the garage I worked at and ask us to install them.

I think Western Auto, JC Whitney, etc carried them.

A few years later guys were flipping them over to make their 2V commuters into 4V muscle cars.

Back